Posted on :
10 Jul, 2018
10 Jul, 2018
·This is a general management position with direct responsibility for the country business and sales and has the responsibility for creating a sales and marketing growth strategy to ensure long term market growth in Ghana(including focus on sponsorships; Distributor/consumer communications & momentum brand awareness & product marketing).
Job Title: Country Director
·Manages the local management team in Ghana (Accra), currently 5 employees
· Responsible for adapting and implementing global corporate strategies into the Ghanaian market place. To develop and manage ongoing relationships with Distributor leadership in order to leverage support for corporate initiatives as well as to ensure that the company is in tune with their needs in growing the business – responding to such needs appropriately, as well as shaping the views and outlooks of those Distributors in order to achieve stable and continued market growth, brand awareness, and ethical conduct in the marketplace.
· Additionally the role is responsible for the provision of total quality service to the Distributors and the costs/profitability of the operation. The role includes the management of the Ghanaian Distribution centre in Accra and is responsible for the smooth and efficient functioning of all aspects of Operations and third parties, achieved through co-ordination of all functional areas and with an efficient relationship and communication with all areas within the Distribution centre,ie Distributor Services, Sales Strategy & Support, Marketing, Warehouse& Logistics, Finance and HR.
·May represent the Company in local Associations including but not limited DSA, as well as with local lawyers and Tax and fiscal advisors, PR Agency and product licensing specialists.
· Native Speaker English
· Fluent in French (both written and oral) an added advantage
· Confident & personable with excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills. A Good persuader
· High degree of trustworthiness and integrity
· Presentable, excellent communication skills, service orientated, flexible energetic and enthusiastic
· Must be prepared to travel within Ghana frequently, West Africa and Internationally. Travel likely to include weekends at times
· Able to prioritize, take initiative and work effectively, multiple task management, setting and meeting own deadlines
·Dedicated to providing excellent customer service, strong administrative & organizational skills
· Strong personality with excellent leadership skills and results driven
·Flexible: must be able to adapt to a constantly moving and changing organization and be able to learn fast.
·Able to present and converse to all levels of senior management and distributors. Should be able to demonstrate through example, activities in previous roles that have involved the establishing of Rapport and long term relationships with a variety of people in order to achiever common objectives.
·Project management experiences with good analytical skills and a creative thinker yet have the ability to remain strategic, plan and problem solves
·Ability to prepare budgets and demonstrate control and accountability and good command in financial knowledge
· Comprehensive understanding of the areas of Public Relations and sponsorship, Point of Sale, Sales promotions, Direct Maketing, packaging, Exhibitions and Events and Product launches.
·dealing with External authorities/Govt agencies and ministries
·Media savvy(Ideally experience representing a company to media)
·Basic Computer skills, especially MS outlook as well as knowledge of MS word, excel, powerpoint.
· Degree Calibre
· Minimum 5 years working experience in Country Management/ Sales Management ( experience in the international Multi-level marketing/Direct selling Industry of advantage). Working experience should ideally have been gained in more than one company including US subsidiary companies
·Proven people leadership experience
·Ideally experience in Legal , PR, Govt Affairs, Marketing regulations and ethics.
·Organising and promoting corporate events, exhibitions, conference and seminars (preferable)
·Good working knowledge of Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, Logistics and Customer Service.
·Managing Budgets, market analysis, analyzing sales figures etc.