You will assist in planning, organizing and coordinating the logistics for events (including all requirements for virtual events) involving groups of up to 5,000 Members and staff. From researching venues and sourcing giveaways to compiling transport schedules and organizing internal event communications, you will play a key role in making our events happen successfully.
Job Title: Events Coordinator
- With the support of the Sales Strategy & Support Supervisor, compile documents (Request for Proposal) for Event related services including Special Events, Transportation and Ground Services;
- Compilation of staff and distributor rooming lists and transportation schedules, venue and catering riders. Category budget management and reconciliation of each;
- Creating and maintaining and on-line ‘Events’ folder including supplier information, key contacts, vendor information, Event statistics and information;
- Researching new and exciting ideas for upcoming Events,
- Placing product orders for each Event and coordinating shipping, distribution on site and return;
- Previous experience in event management (involving large groups of multi-national delegates) – minimum 2 years;
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills;
- Excellent negotiating skills;
- Flexible to work outside working hours;
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team;
- Masters Degree in Marketing or Project management is an added advantage.
- Medical aid;
- Pension fund;
- Meal Allowance;
- Travel Allowance;
- Personal development opportunities,
- International environment,
- Chance to share your ideas and continuously improve our processes,
- Opportunity to build up your expertise through coaching, soft skills and training sessions.