Ho Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative position listed below:
Job Title: Director Of Internal Audit
The Position/Job Description
He/she is the head of the Directorate of Internal Audit and shall exercise professional and administrative supervision over staff under the Directorate to ensure that the internal control systems of the University are efficient and effective. The Director of Internal Audit is also responsible for the internal audit of the accounts and financial transactions of the University in accordance with prevailing Statutes.
The Director of Internal Audit shall:
- Ensure the establishment and operation of an efficient and effective internal financial control system:
- Vet all proposed expenditures to ensure compliance with laid-down internal control systems and other statutory requirements;
- Conduct periodic examination of the accounts of the University including the units with limited financial and operational autonomy;
- Monitor and ensure that expenditures incurred have been authorised and are within budgetary provisions;
- Conduct periodic management audit and submit reports to the Vice Chancellor and the Council;
- Liaise with External Auditors and ensure that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings;
- Submit periodic audit reports on the activities of all Units to the Vice Chancellor and the Council; and
- Discharge any other assignments that the Registrar shall deem necessary.
Conditions of Service
Very attractive terms and conditions of office which are determined by the Council of the University and are consistent with the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922), Statutes of the Ho Technical University and the Harmonised Scheme of Service for Technical Universities in Ghana. The salary and conditions of service to this position are very attractive and comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Tenure of Office
Candidates must be able to hold office for a minimum of four (4) years on first appointment and may, on application, be reappointed for a further term of up to four (4) years only, provided that no part of the second term enters his/her compulsory retirement age.
Required Skills or Experience
The Candidate for the position:
- Must be a Chartered Accountant and hold a minimum of a Master’s degree in the relevant field;
- Must have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor in a University or a comparable grade in an analogous institution for at least six (6) years.
- Must be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary;
- Must possess the hands-on ability to work independently and equally be a good team player;
- Must possess excellent IT skills and have expertise in relevant accounting software;
- Possess excellent communication and, interpersonal and supervisory skills:
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and possess proactive commercial flair; and
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities, and organisational skills.
How to Apply
Mode of Application Qualified candidates should submit applications with the following:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae and copies of educational and other professional certificates;
- Names and addresses of three referees; and
- A short vision statement not exceeding five (5) pages outlining how the applicant intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Applications should be addressed to; The Registrar Ho Technical University P.O.Box HP 217 Ho
- Note: Candidates can also submit their applications through [email protected] Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address.
- The closing date for submission of application is 15th March, 2019.
- Only shortlIsted applicants will be contacted.
This advertisement supersedes the earlier one which appeared in the Daily Graphic of Friday, 18th January, 2019.