Ho Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level Librarian position listed below:
Job Title: University Librarian
The Position/Job Description
The University Librarian is the administrative head of the University Library who shall be of a Professorial status and shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration and coordination of all library services in the University.
The Librarian shall:
- Be responsible for the provision of adequate, relevant and up-to-date reading and audiovisual materials to support effective teaching, research and community service functions of the University;
- Ensure the maintenance of a congenial environment for reading and learning in all the libraries of the University;
- Be responsible for maintaining linkages with local and international organisations involved in library work;
- Liaise with the Library Committee and formulate policies for the maximum development and utilisation of the libraries of the University for review and onward approval by the Academic Board; and
- Perform any other functions assigned by the Vice Chancellor of the University.
Conditions of Service
Very attractive terms and conditions of office which are determined by the Council of the University and are consistent with the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922), Statutes of the Ho Technical University and the Harmonised Scheme of Service for Technical Universities in Ghana. The salary and conditions of service to this position are very attractive and comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Tenure of Office
Candidates must be able to hold office for a minimum of four (4) years on first appointment and may, on application, be reappointed for a further term of up to four (4) years only, provided that no part of the second term enters his/her compulsory retirement age.
Required Skills or Experience
Candidates for the position:
- Possess a minimum of a postgraduate degree in library/information science related studies. A PhD in library science or studies is preferable;
- Must have served as a Deputy Librarian in a University or a comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least six (6) years;
- Be a scholar and a member of a Professional Body in Librarianship/lnformation Science;
- Be computer literate and conversant with library software;
- Present a minimum of fifteen (15) cumulative publications;
- Must be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary; and
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities, and organisational skills.
How to Apply
Mode of Application Qualified candidates should submit applications with the following:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae and copies of educational and other professional certificates;
- Names and addresses of three referees; and
- A short vision statement not exceeding five (5) pages outlining how the applicant intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Applications should be addressed to; The Registrar Ho Technical University P.O.Box HP 217 Ho
- Note: Candidates can also submit their applications through regist[email protected] Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address.
- The closing date for submission of application is 15th March, 2019.
- Only shortlIsted applicants will be contacted.
This advertisement supersedes the earlier one which appeared in the Daily Graphic of Friday, 18th January, 2019.