Ho Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative position listed below:
Job Title: Director of Finance
The Position/Job Description
He/she is the Chief Accounting Officer and the Chief Financial Advisor. He/she shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor through the Registrar for the financial administration of the University in accordance with prevailing Statutes.
His/her duties include but are not limited to:
- The Implementation of policies relating to accounting and financial control in the University;
- Source for funds for the University;
- Corporate planning with respect to budgeting and budgetary control and long-term or strategic planning with regard to all the finances of the University;
- Liaise with Ministries, Departments and Agencies in respect of financial matters affecting the University;
- Treasury management
- The preparation and consolidation of final accounts and commenting on management reports for external auditors;
- Proper record keeping of all University property assets, stocks and valuables of all funds in a register;
- The preparation of the annual operating budget of the University for review and onward approval by the University Council; and
- Perform any other function assigned by the Vice-Chancellor of the University.
Conditions of Service
Very attractive terms and conditions of office which are determined by the Council of the University and are consistent with the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922), Statutes of the Ho Technical University and the Harmonised Scheme of Service for Technical Universities in Ghana. The salary and conditions of service to this position are very attractive and comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Tenure of Office
Candidates must be able to hold office for a minimum of four (4) years on first appointment and may, on application, be reappointed for a further term of up to four (4) years only, provided that no part of the second term enters his/her compulsory retirement age.
Required Skills or Experience
The Candidate for the position:
- Must be a Chartered Accountant and hold a minimum of Master’s degree in the relevant field;
- Must have served as a Deputy Director of Finance in a University or a comparable grade in an analogous institution for at least Six (6) years;
- Must be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary;
- Must possess the hands-on ability to work independently and equally be a good team player;
- Must possess excellent IT skills and have expertise in relevant accounting software;
- Possess excellent communication and, interpersonal and supervisory skills:
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and possess proactive commercial flair; and
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities, and organisational skills.
How to Apply
Mode of Application Qualified candidates should submit applications with the following:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae and copies of educational and other professional certificates;
- Names and addresses of three referees; and
- A short vision statement not exceeding five (5) pages outlining how the applicant intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Applications should be addressed to; The Registrar Ho Technical University P.O.Box HP 217 Ho
- Note: Candidates can also submit their applications through [email protected] Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address.
- The closing date for submission of application is 15th March, 2019.
- Only shortlIsted applicants will be contacted.
This advertisement supersedes the earlier one which appeared in the Daily Graphic of Friday, 18th January, 2019.