Ho Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative position listed below:
Job Title: Director Of Works And Physical Development
The Position/Job Description
He/she shall be the head of the Directorate of Works and Physical Development and shall be responsible for the overall development and maintenance of the physical environment of the University and the provision of essential services in an efficient and effective manner.
He/she shall be responsible for:
- The supervision of works and contracts to ensure that construction and renovations are in consonance with prevailing industry standards and specifications, taking due cognisance of the needs and requirements of the University;
- The management of construction contracts with a view to ensuring compliance and due delivery of projects;
- The procurement of consultancy services relating to the provision of technical advice on construction in compliance with prevailing Ghanaian law and the Statutes of the Ho Technical University;
- The management and maintenance of the buildings, roads, drains, parks and gardens of the University and their designs and drawings;
- The acquisition and allocation of housing for employees of the University;
- The construction and maintenance of residential facilities for students;
- The management and control of land use and the maintenance of records on all land transactions entered into by and on behalf of the University;
- The provision of valuation services;
- The management, control, and disposal of waste;
- The provision of fumigation and other pest control services; and
- The discharge of any other assignments that the Registrar deem necessary.
Conditions of Service
Very attractive terms and conditions of office which are determined by the Council of the University and are consistent with the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922), Statutes of the Ho Technical University and the Harmonised Scheme of Service for Technical Universities in Ghana. The salary and conditions of service to this position are very attractive and comparable to those in analogous universities in Ghana.
Tenure of Office
Candidates must be able to hold office for a minimum of four (4) years on first appointment and may, on application, be reappointed for a further term of up to four (4) years only, provided that no part of the second term enters his/her compulsory retirement age.
Required Skills or Experience
The candidate for the position:
- Must have a minimum of Master’s Degree in Built Environment or relevant area of study PLUSrelated professional qualifications.
- Must have served as Deputy Director of Works and Physical Development in a University or comparable grade in a similar instituition/organisation for at least six (6) years. Applicants must be computer literate.
- Must have the necessary educational background and considerable working experience in physical planning, construction and maintenance of physical facilities of an academic institution;
- Must be a distinguished professional with capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff;
- Must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities, and organisational skills.
- Must be computer literate.
How to Apply
Mode of Application Qualified candidates should submit applications with the following:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae and copies of educational and other professional certificates;
- Names and addresses of three referees; and
- A short vision statement not exceeding five (5) pages outlining how the applicant intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Applications should be addressed to; The Registrar Ho Technical University P.O.Box HP 217 Ho
- Note: Candidates can also submit their applications through [email protected] Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address.
- The closing date for submission of application is 15th March, 2019.
- Only shortlIsted applicants will be contacted.
This advertisement supersedes the earlier one which appeared in the Daily Graphic of Friday, 18th January, 2019.