Posted on :
24 Jun, 2016
24 Jun, 2016
Ghana Integrity Initiative (GII) is the Local Chapter of Transparency International (TI). GII was launched in December 1999, as a non-partisan, non-profit civil empowerment organisation focused on the delivery of essential themes necessary for the creation of a National Integrity System. GII focuses solely on the fight against corruption. In pursuit of its vision of a corrupt free Ghana, it has already established itself as the leading non-governmental organisation (NGO) combating corruption. In this direction, GII has led numerous initiatives aimed at promoting democracy, transparency, accountability and good governance as well as anti-corruption focusing on awareness raising, advocacy for policy change and research.
Job Title: Advocacy And Legal Advice Officer
• The Ghana Integrity Initiative (GII), the local Chapter of Transparency International (TI), the leading international NGO devoted to combating corruption is seeking a suitably qualified person to fill the vacant position of Advocacy and Legal Advice (ALAC) Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that ALAC provides client-friendly, professional and quality legal advice and guidance to victims and witnesses of corruption
• Work with an ALAC Lawyer to ensure all cases receive adequate legal advice and/or are followed to secure redress from appropriate state/private institutions
• Oversee the systematic collection of ALAC complaints to update ALAC Database
• Analyse ALAC information and carry out advocacy for reforms
• Design and carry out public sensitizations and mobile ALACs
• Develop and maintain close working relationship with key partners
• Organise Review Committee/Stakeholder meetings
Qualification Required & Experience
• The qualified candidate must have a Masters Degree in Law, Political Science, Conflict Resolution, Development Studies or any other relevant discipline.
• 3-5 years working experience.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, computer literacy, knowledge of and experience in governance issues, anti-corruption advocacy, project proposal writing and fund raising are fundamental requirements.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested Applicants should forward a letter of application setting out their Knowledge, Skills and Abilities and a CV of not more than 3 pages and the names and contact details of 2 referees to:
The Executive Director
Ghana Integrity Initiative
Private Mail Bag CT 317
Closing Date: 08 July, 2016
• Please, no telephone or personal enquiries will be entertained.
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview by Thursday, July 14, 2016.