A well established hotel in Sierra Leone is seeking a hands-on General Manager.
Reporting to the Proprietor, the General Manager will be responsible for day to day operations of the hotel. The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic and guest focused. Responsibilities include managing the hotel’s overall operation, maximizing profits and exceeding guest expectations.
This is an exciting opportunity for a results-driven leader who is committed to providing the highest level of customer service and satisfaction. Primary job responsibilities generally fall into the following categories: guest services, sales and marketing, profit management, human resources management, asset management and safety and security.
In addition to hotel management responsibilities, the General Manager will be involved with the company’s management team. This would include active participation in strategic planning meetings and determining company policies.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Determine staffing requirements, and recruit, hire and train new employees.
- Direct and coordinate the organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures in alignment with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Manage staff and monitor performance based on annual performance targets.
- Prepare staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Manage vendor relationships ensuring service requirements are met while staying within budgetary limits.
- Plan and direct marketing activities such as sales promotions PR campaigns, and media ads.
- Provide oversight for ongoing maintenance and repair, coordinating with other department heads as required.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
US $30,000 – US $35,000 per annum. Excellent salary & benefits package will be provided for the successful candidate including housing subsidy and company car
Required Skills or Experience
- The successful applicant must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a General Manager for a small to mid-size hotel.
- Priority will be given to applicants with a degree in Hotel Management or related area.
- Strong computing skills including Word and Excel are required. Experience with Front Desk systems and Quickbooks will be a definite asset.
- Suitable candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV and covering letter to
Offer valid till: 05 Apr, 2012