Posted on :
14 Jan, 2022
14 Jan, 2022
We are looking for a full-time Purchasing Officer to oversee and manage the daily purchases of the hotel. This person will need to oversee vendors, negotiate contract and prepare reports; ultimately creating a good relationship with key suppliers to ensure merchandise of high quality is delivered on time.
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
· Develop an efficient purchasing strategy for the hotel;
· To rigorously review and process purchase orders;
· To maintain detailed records of all orders;
· To create and maintain relationships with suitable vendors;
· Negotiate contracts and prices with vendors;
· Ensure the quality of procured items;
· Keep track of supplies; and
· Research and compare prices of vendors.
· Collate purchase orders and purchase requisitions in coordination with the different Heads of Departments;
· Maintain complete stock accuracy & product identification;
· Generate purchase orders using predictive models & tools;
· Actively work with operations & customer service teams to adjust purchase orders, flag fast selling items and adapt to shifting needs;
· Identify issues & bottlenecks internally and with suppliers;
· Propose solutions for process improvements & optimizations; and
· Collaborate with Accounting on Invoicing & Bookkeeping.
Core Skills and Competencies:
· Highly organized;
· Good communication skills;
· Good negotiation skills;
· Advanced research and analytical and problem solving skills;
· Detail oriented;
· Interested in learning new digital tools and their different uses;
· An acute sense of responsibility and very much detail oriented;
· Excellent interpersonal & communications skills;
· Computer literate; and
· The ability to deal with multiple programs, spreadsheets & automation.
· 4-6 Years’ experience in procurement; and
· Excellent spoken and written English abilities.
· Bachelor’s degree or similar in logistics, business administration, business management, commerce or any other relevant field.
Send your application to join our team today!