HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd is a fruit processing company. HPW is synonymous with fresh from harvest fruit, crisp and crunchy vegetables from Africa and Asia. We develop stand-alone products for our customers that meet the most exacting quality standards and offer maximum availability – for wholesalers and retailers, as well as for the food industry.
Job Title: Learning And Development Officer
- Department: Human Resources
- Reports To: HR Manager
- Location: Onsite at HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd, Adesso, E/R.
To coordinate and support the development and delivery of effective learning & development programs and organizational development initiatives.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates the development, delivery, and evaluation of staff learning and development programs and the implementation of an annual corporate training plan and budget.
- Monitors regularly to ensure training and development policies and procedures are applied fairly and uniformly throughout the company
- Identify training and development needs within the organization through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with Line managers
- Coordinates the preparation of and execution of annual training programs
- Designs training and development programs based on the needs of the organization
- Consider the costs of planned programs and keep within budgets
- Plan and assess the ‘return on investment’ of any training or development program
- Liaises with Departmental Heads and supervisors to prepare orientation programs for new staff and co-ordinates the execution of such programmes.
- Develops and implement systems for evaluating the effectiveness of training and development programs
- Liaises with departmental heads on career development programs for key staff and follow up regularly to ensure that such programmes are on track
- Provision of data for Free Zone reporting on training on a quarterly basis
- Prepares training bonds for staff who are sponsored for trainings
- Develops a vocational training program in cooperation with KNUST or other institutions related to the below:
- Food processing and technology
- Plant technicians
- Prepares and deliver induction and refresher training on selected topics
- Maintains database on training and development activities
- Provides guidance to line managers to help them identify the learning needs of staff
- Monitors and reviews the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with Line managers
- Ensures that statutory training requirements are met
- Evaluates training and development programs and present quarterly reports to management
- Amends and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
- Assist line managers and trainers to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- Administrates Learning Management System (LMS) and ensure systematic capture of corporate training records and data.
- Designs and facilitates training sessions as and when necessary
- Develops and coordinates “in-house” training sessions/programs.
- Prepare Quarterly reports on training effectiveness.
D/ Specific Duties in Regard to BRC issue 6 Global Standard for Food Safety
- You shall assist the HR Manager in the fulfillment of the following clause in the standard: 7.1 Training
Maintains contact with departmental heads and other line managers/staff
Maintains contact with local training institutions, government departments, consultancy firms.
Required Skills or Experience
University Degree in Human Resource Development or Social Science with hands-on experience in training and development
- Ability to design and facilitate training events
- Very good knowledge of learning and development systems and principles
- Ability to design and administer key learning and development systems
- Good verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to relate effectively to people at all levels
- Ability to plan and organize training programs
- Ability to prepare training budgets and monitor the execution
- Ability to deliver work to tight deadlines
How to Apply
Submit your CV to [email protected]