HPW FRESH AND DRY LTD is a fruit processing company.
Job Title: Welder And Fabricator
- Department: Technical
- Reports To: Technical Manager
- Location: Onsite at HPW Fresh and Dry Ltd, Adeiso, E/R.
Under the instructions of the Technical Manager, the Welder and Fabricator would ensure the welding and fabrication needs of the company are adequately met.
- Fabrication of mild steel and stainless-steel components as required ensuring that the highest standards in relation to ‘finishing’ is observed.
- Weld components and framework using variety of welding processes such as TIG, MIG, ARC, etc.
- Position, align and fit parts according to specifications during fabrications.
- Grind, sand, polish and detail fabrications to required finish using hand and power tools to a high standard.
- Measure and examine completed work to verify conformance to specifications and requirements.
- Operate manual machine tools as part of fabrication process when required.
- Work with manager to ensure constant and adequate supply of consumables such as gas, welding wire, electrodes and others.
- Constant maintenance of tools, gauges and equipment, and keeping them in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Liaise with design team and give input into new designs.
- Report drawing errors whenever possible.
- Complete administrative tasks as required.
- Follow all Health and Safety procedures to perform tasks in order to maintain a safe workplace and to meet legislative requirements.
- Ensure the company’s compliance with BRC and IFS Food Safety Standards as required by implementing best practice in relation to welding, and fabrication of equipment.
- Ensure own career development by undertaking relevant courses and training programs.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of SHS, HND or its equivalent in the relevant or related field.
- Practical knowledge/experience in Industrial Welding and Fabrication and a minimum of four years relevant work experience in a similar role, preferably in a production environment.
- Relevant Trade Qualification – Welder/Fabricator/Boilermaker, etc.
- Apprenticeship in a recognized workshop.
- Proven knowledge and experience of industrial fabrication.
- Ability to weld TIG, Mild Steel, and Stainless Steel to industry standards.
- Knowledge of metal finishing techniques.
- Ability to recognize welding symbols and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed engineering drawings, welding procedures and work instructions.
- Deep knowledge in industry best practices, share knowledge and train apprentices in the workshop.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should please send their CVs to; [email protected] latest by 30 April 2019.