HPW FRESH AND DRY LTD is a fruit processing company.
Job Title: Senior Matron
- Reports to: Human Resources Manager
- Department: Support Service
The Senior Matron shall be responsible for preparing quality and healthy meals for staff daily. He/She shall supervise kitchen staff and handle any food-related concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate activities of staff to ensure they adhere to food safety/hygiene procedures.
- Develop recipes and determine how to present the food.
- Plan menus and ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals.
- Inspect canteen supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality.
- Monitor sanitation practices and follow kitchen safety standards, BRC or IFS Standards.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves for easy recognition and accessibility.
- Ensure ingredients and seasonings to be used for cooking are measured in appropriate quantities.
- Organize special meals for staff once a month.
- Ensure the maintenance of a clean and orderly kitchen by supervising the washing of dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash and ensuring staff follow waste separation guidelines.
- Check freshness of food and ingredients; also put in place a traceability system for canteen food supplies.
- Ensure proper storage of food supplies to prevent spoilage and wastage.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Ensure staff complies to Health and Safety/Food Safety standards and enforce the usage of PPEs
- Ensure canteen staff handle food well to avoid contamination or outbreak of diseases.
- Supervises immediate subordinates to ensure that time, targets, quality and other set standards are achieved
- Interprets policies and procedures to immediate team members and where necessary consults with superior or appropriate departments
- Appraises the performance of immediate team members and organizes or recommends appropriate training for them
- Identifies learning needs of immediate team members and organizes or recommends appropriate training for them
- Administers disciplinary measures of immediate team members in accordance with the company’s disciplinary procedures
Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of NVTI, HND, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Catering
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience; preferably in a food production environment
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Hands-on experience with various modern kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers).
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques.
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes.
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
- Knowledge in Catering/Vocational Skills.
- Ability to speak or write in a manner that communicates the intended message.
- Ability to lead and inspire others.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should please send their CVs to; [email protected] latest by 30 April 2019.