Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices, founded in 1987, in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen.
We have more than 194,000 employees and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions.
With integrated solutions across four key domains – smart devices, telecom networks, IT, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home, and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
Job Title: Procurement Quality Control Officer
Purpose of the role
- Project procurement: early involvement in the project bidding phase, taking the lead in developing the project procurement strategy, and executing the procurement strategy in the delivery stage to meet the subcontracting resource and cost requirements of the project.
- Supplier Qualification: Analyze the local market supply resource according to the business requirements of the rep office, and qualify new suppliers according to company processes and business needs.
- Supplier Selection: Take the lead in developing procurement strategies, implementing bidding and negotiation, achieving the best combination of resources and costs, and supporting project success.
- Procurement cost baseline and reasonableness management: Maintain and continuously optimize the procurement benchmark of related categories, check the reasonableness of cost on-site, and build the relative competitive edge of TCO procurement cost.
- Standardize business operations under the procurement process framework, standardize the management of procurement documents, maintain IT systems and data, and continuously improve work quality and internal control compliance.
- Risk Management: identify the top risk and out risk mitigation plan, and accountability system and track the closure of risk
- Event backtracking: Organize operation process and trustworthiness incident backtracking, case study, and Evaluation.
- Self-check, inspection, and audit: audit the various key control items, configure and update the self-check table, and track, report, and close issues timely.
Essential role-related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications, and experience
- Have strong communication and negotiation capabilities.
- Ability to grasp processes quickly and propose system re-engineering solution
- Result oriented candidate
- Cost analysis, data management and sensitivity and knowledge of Ghana market.
- Candidates with experience in the following fields besides knowledge in procurement could apply (Total Quality Management role, Project Management and Technical Director)
- Have 3+ years’ experience in telecom project delivery; Have a good command of engineering service sales, delivery project management, and technical or procurement knowledge; Understand the delivery of equipment installation, civil engineering, OSP, FTTX, managed service, safe city, data centre, and software; Have good communication skills and experience with customers or subcontractors.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, sales and marketing, business admin; Professional qualification in Procurement is added advantage; Training in supplier management