International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) was incorporated in 1987 to support and facilitate economic and industrial development. Initially, our services were directed toward improving the operational efficiency and management of public and private sector enterprises. As the firm grew, we began managing larger scale projects and indefinite quantity contracts involving both technical assistance and training activities.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the five-year project, Evidence for Development (E4D), funded by USAID which is based in Accra, Ghana. He/ she will adhere to procedures in accordance with ethical norms of IBTCI/E4D.
Specifically, the Administrative Assistant shall assume the following tasks
- Ensure compliance of the national labor legislation in the daily management of Human Resources;
- Ensure proper implementation of the recruitment process (development of terms of reference or job description, publication, compilation and evaluation of applications, interview, professional testing, Contact professional references, hiring forms to be completed before signing the contract ), and maintain the recruitment calendar;
- Update and monitor all procedures relating to recruitment, signing and termination of contracts, in accordance with legislation, standards and procedures;
- Provide administrative guidance and induction of new staff on the rights and obligations under the employment contract, on the code of ethics as well as the internal standards and policies of IBTCI;
- Update the list and required documentation of personnel and their dependents for administrative purposes;
- Develop and ensure the update of the database of personal and professional data of each staff member;
- Organize and maintain all electronic and physical records of each employee and consultant, according to the system set up or approved by the supervisor;
- Monitor the daily fill-in of the attendance sheet (time sheet) by employees and gather at the end of each month all time sheets for review and submission for supervisor’s approval;
- Monitor contractual leave (annual leave, sick leave, occasional leave) requests for absences and other staff requests, as well as staff movements;
- In relation to finance, implement the tracking of medical expenses and other staff benefits;
- Check and sort consultants’ deliverable in collaboration with the program team to ensure technical program management;
- Assist in the coordination of the periodic or annual staff performance evaluation process to ensure that all assessments were made in consultation with the respective supervisor of each staff member;
- Support and advise supervisors on identifying staff training needs;
- Present the monthly report of activities detailed in the format approved by the supervisor, including the accomplishments and comments, which was not realized / why / obstacles / solutions / next steps together with the report on the situation of each monthly staff member in terms of annual leave, sick leave, absences, delays and taken holidays;
- Assist in the coordination of meetings, workshops and events;
- Coordinate the repairs and maintenance of office equipment;
- Purchase office supplies as needed and prepare VAT claims/ VRPOs as needed;
- Provide backup support for other tasks within the Administration setup;
- Assist with tasks or duties from the HO
Human resources Department
- Assist the finance department with financial planning, presentations, tax and audit, compliance, controls, policies and procedures and any other tasks that may arise;
- Responsible for day-today physical cash account transactions, preparing and entries of petty cash expenses for the Field office;
- Assist the Operations and Finance Manager with office management processes;
- Ensure preparation of the team program national travel by providing administrative and logistical support (drafting scope of work for travels, booking flights, travel warrant, transport and airport facilitation, accommodation and other logistical arrangements to, if necessary)
- Performing the tasks of the secretariat including: photocopies of documents, activity reports and other technical documents, printing, scanning, binding, burning to CD-ROM, filing, etc.
- Other duties related to the post to be assigned by supervisor;
- Backstop the administrative assistant colleague as needed;
- Maintain the directory of approved suppliers on the basis of planned screening procedures;
- Check and validate the calculations of budgets and quotes submitted to the project by potential and current suppliers;
- Maintain an inventory of the most common unit prices;
- Maintain the contact list of contractors (suppliers, service providers) and government partners;
- Assist in the preparation of procurement requests and request for proposals;
- Maintain and update the Procurement Matrix;
- Keep an updated procurement plan that reflects timelines for solicitations, evaluations, selections, awards, and delivery of products/services;
- Ensure the procurement processes (review of quotes/vendor offers, solicitations, etc.) are conducted according to the manual of internal procedures and guidelines;
- Review and analyze purchase requests and establish a system of coding for purchase requests;
- Find competitive prices on the market;
- Follow up with purchases and timely delivery of requested goods and services by suppliers, according to specifications from the solicitation;
- Ensure procurement is compliant with the US Government rules and regulations and IBTCI policies and procedures;
- Prepare all documentations for procurement packages in the required format, including offer evaluation, description of selection process, price justification, SOW, necessary verification, and purchase order;
- Hold regular progress meetings on ongoing procurement with Operations and Finance Manager;
- Perform any other procurement-related tasks as needed for the project; and
- Any other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or related field is required.
- At least three years of experience working in an administrative role, or relevant formal training in administration or related field.
- Prior experience working on a US Government, UN or World Bank funded projects is highly preferred.
- Experience performing basic administrative tasks in an office environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the program team.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.