iDE’s approach is creating demand for household sanitation and hand washing solutions and encouraging local businesses to invest their own resources to serve the demand. The WASH program’s four-pronged approach:
· Deepens households’ initial sanitation demand using a marketing approach that engenders behaviour change;
· Designs and builds the capacity of local businesses to produce and sell affordable and sustainable sanitation solutions;
· Supports the establishment of local financial mechanisms to facilitate households’ access to sanitation and hygiene solutions;
· Engages with local government authorities to sensitize them on the importance for enforcing regulations and creating an enabling business environment for the success of entrepreneurs providing a market-based sanitation and hand hygiene solution.
Job Title: Social Enterprise Financial Manager
- Project Or Division: Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH)
- Reports To: WASH Director
- Location: Based in Tamale, with frequent day and/or overnight travel to rural areas across the Northern, Upper East & Upper West Regions
Reporting Relationships: Reports directly to the WASH Director
- Social Enterprise Financial Manager (SEFM) produces and delivers meaningful, accurate, actionable, and timely financial analysis to Managers at all levels of the Sama Sama organisation.
- The Financial Manager will act as a conduit between customers, iDE operations and all teams within IDE GH’s WASH team producing social enterprise management reports, establishing effective planning and processes for an in-house financing unit.
- The manager will be responsible for enhanced customer and economic value through synchronized management of income generating revenues.
Core Responsibilites – Modifications may be made at any time
- Maintain a documented system of social enterprise accounting policies, procedures and process maps
- Produce monthly, quarterly, annually and ad hoc, financial management reports regarding trends, variances, profitability and performance measurement
- Enhance customer profitability (new data feeds, new products, new methodology)
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meet predetermined price goals
- Build inter-departmental relationships, streamline processes and procedures, communicate new initiatives.
- Liase with the Organisation’s Operations for continuous engagement on social enterprise financing requirements
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure
- Work with Amplify Market (Strategic advisory Consultant) to arrange for equity and debt financing.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget, graphing and reporting.
- Report to Sama Sama management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist financial modeling in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
Accounts Receivables & Cash Collections Management:
- Establish appropriate payment channels for Sama Sama customers to make payments
- Manage and report on accounts receivables balances for a specific customer account base
- Set up robust processes for collections of overdue balances
- Ensure adherence to payment terms, while limiting bad debt, maximizing sales, and building customer relationships
- Manage relationships with third party financiers and external collection agencies
- Support Commercial Ops credit review and approvals for new accounts
- Review incoming requests to ensure that all required information is received
- Follow up with Commercial Ops team on obtaining any missing information
- Obtain and review available credit reports, third party/bank references, financials, and other relevant information
- Approve/deny credit terms and limit, assign appropriate risk codes, and/or follow-up with management or Risk Group as applicable.
Required Skills or Experience
- Graduated from university with degree in Finance, or an MBA preferable
- At least 7 years work experience in management accounting, planning and non-banking lending
- Knowledge of WASH is an asset
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Holds a valid drivers license
How to Apply
Applicants should post their Covering Letter and CV to email address [email protected]