The hands on Senior Instrumentation and Control Engineer in this position is expected to lead cross-disciplinary design teams working on projects of small to medium scope or on sub-systems of large projects. In addition to project management responsibilities, this engineer will contribute to the design team based on expertise and experience in Instrumentation and control systems design. This individual will coordinate all design activities of the design team, interface with key cross-functional groups and report project status for the assigned projects.
Job Title: Senior Instrumentation and Control Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving as the technical leader and project manager for significant development projects. The ability to manage several simultaneous projects is a requirement.
- Establishing the initial project schedule and regular maintenance of project schedules. This activity includes the recommendation of appropriate authority for each design activity and determination of time to completion for each task on the project schedule.
- Coordination of activities between the cross-functional team and design team that facilitates creation, review, and release of Product Requirements, Design Specifications and Design Descriptions.
- Coordination of design, test, and build activities between the design team and key cross-functional teams.
- Application of standard engineering design principles and methodology for research of design options and experimentation to determine potential design feasibility or application.
- Management of external design resources, when appropriate.
- Review of product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for End user use.
- Review and evaluation of product design through informal and formal design reviews as well as through design verification test plans and reports.
- Review of technical and materials submittals of projects, and insure compliance with project scope, specifications and requirements.
- Coordinate with the project manager for the schedule of design and engineering activities and establish target completion dates for electrical, mechanical & civil designs to ensure target dates are achieved within the project schedule.
- Attending, hosting and coordinating meetings with third party designers (subcontractors), vendors, and consultant to resolve technical issues.
- Assist in reviewing of tenders.
- Participate in the development and/or improvement of company procedures that are associated with the design and engineering works.
- Design / revision of Process Piping and Instrument Drawings
- Evaluation of product non-conformances and recommendation of design modifications.
- Mentoring and develop junior engineers
Education & Experience:
The ideal candidate shall possess a recognized Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering with minimum of 10 years related field experience or equivalent experience as Instrumentation and Control Systems Design Engineer. In addition, having at least 5 years of experience in EPC Contracting work will be an advantage, including adequate Site and Test-Witness experience,
The candidate shall be fluent in professional English (oral and written) with good communication skills.
- Experience leading cross-disciplinary design teams consisting of several engineers and technicians.
- Systems level engineering experience with a focus on instrumentation hardware design including digital/analog hardware design, power system design, system interconnection, and user interface hardware specification.
- Strong aptitude in process controls systems design and software design and development.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
- Ability to utilize an electrical CAD package such as Altium, OrCad, or similar commercially available software.
- Well developed, detail oriented organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with management to set and achieve goals based on priorities of development projects and support of whole organization business objectives.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk as applicable in support of required duties.
NB:ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD POSSES A TRAVELLING PASSPORT AND ARE TO KNOW THAT ITS AN EXPATRAIT JOB.
How to Apply
Send your CV and supporting documents to [email protected]
For Further Inquiries Contact us on; 0558120597 / 0242510782
NB : Kindly use the position you are applying for as the subject of your email
Closing Date: 15th December 2018