IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing private sector investment, mobilizing capital in international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments.
IFC is recruiting a Facilities Officer to take responsibility for a 9,050 square meter, 5-storey IFC-owned building in Accra, expected to be operational as of May 2013, which will be occupied by IFC, IBRD and IMF.
- She/he will manage a primary contract/contractor providing comprehensive facility management services to IFC, such as housekeeping, building operations and maintenance, waste management, internal moving services, food services, landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- She/he may also directly manage lesser services contracts not included in the primary service contact
This position is based in Accra, Ghana. IFC offers rewarding careers in a multicultural and challenging work environment.
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in Architecture, Facilities Management, Construction Management, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant facility management experience, combined with interest and experience in sustainable facilities management
- Working knowledge of building infrastructure and engineering systems, local Ghana building costs and regulations, as well as experience working with Microsoft Office, and project tracking software (e.g. Auto CAD, MS Project, Primavera)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to diplomatically communicate with clients at all levels, as well as local government authorities and contractors
- Willingness to be available on a 24/7 basis in case of emergency situations, and to travel internationally on occasion
How To Apply
For full job description and to apply on-line, please visit IFC’s career website at: www.ifc.org/careers Job number 130998
Women are encouraged to apply
Offer valid till: 19 May, 2013