IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The International Finance Corporation’s Sub-Saharan Africa Department is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and well-organized Program Assistant, who can effectively support officers/analysts working in the Ghana Sub-region including Benin, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
Job Title: Program Assistant
The position will be based in Accra, Ghana.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide full administrative and analytical support to Country Manger.
- Assist Country Manager with meetings, presentations, and events. Tasks could include obtaining briefs upfront from relevant parties, preparing meeting notes in advance, attending the meetings, and preparing minutes.
- Maintain a good knowledge of work programs to ensure timely delivery of tasks.
- Track project timetables, provide feedback and help with project team coordination.
- Perform integrity due diligence searches and prepare reports.
- Conduct industry/sector research on project related areas. Participate in field work as and when required.
- Provide quality control by monitoring documents for accuracy, ensuring adherence to unit and World Bank Group guidelines and procedures, and assist in editing, formatting, and production of high-quality documents and correspondence.
- Coordinate Country manager’s calendar/schedule by ensuring there are no conflicts, travel arrangements for Country Manager, as well as logistics for office events and other high-level missions for the Accra office and sub-region.
- Liaise and build relationships with counterparts in key client offices to facilitate the scheduling of meetings.
- Clients include private sector companies and ministries and agencies of Government.
- Build and maintain relationships with counterparts within IFC and the World Bank Group for the benefit of the team.
- Perform assigned simple general administrative, budget and finance tasks to assist the smooth running of the Accra office and the sub-region.
- Solve non-routine problems and perform ad-hoc duties as required.
- University, polytechnic, or equivalent degree/diploma preferred, with a minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, multi-tasking and time management skills. Proven ability to work promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Proactive, willing to go extra mile, ability to take ownership of tasks.
- Maturity and good judgment; absolute integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of internal and external contacts.
- Proven ability to work well in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment, and function effectively in groups.
- High degree of resourcefulness, ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability/willingness to work late/come in early occasionally, as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Fluency in English essential; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.