Posted on :
6 Jan, 2023
6 Jan, 2023
Job Title: Crop-Soil Simulation Modelling and Mapping Scientist
Scope of Work
• Execute the work activities under the supervision of the Modelling and Mapping Specialist and Director.
• Support the development of a database system
• Quality control database formats and data from the experimental trial and survey data
• Understand and adapt drone imagery and analyses for country-specific purposes
• Teach in use of drones and analyses of drone imagery
• Supervision of Master students
• Co-draft reports and scientific journal articles
• Travel in Ghana for field visits, teaching, and meetings.
Qualification Required & Experience
• MSc/MPhil degree in agricultural sciences or geosciences with a strong background in agriculture.
• Very good knowledge in UAV and drone use application chain
• Good experience in precision farming and analyses of spectral data
• Good experience in satellite and drone images processing
• Excellent conceptualizing capabilities to link drone and remote observations to help disentangle drivers for yield from practical experimental data and from farm fields
• Very familiar with Pix4D, Agisoft Metashape, DJI Terra, ArcGIS, ENVI and QGIS software
• Good Experience in data modelling via R/Python/Java Script or Julia languages programming and use of data manipulation and statistical packages
• Good communication skills
• Ability to write project reports and scientific papers
How To Apply
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.