Reporting to Ghana WASH Delegate under the technical supervision of the Finance and Administration Delegate for West Coast Cluster Office, Abuja, Nigeria will:
Be responsible for the funds, budget, administration, contractual matters and insurance of the office, as well as for training and advising the national staff on financial and administrative matters.
Provide a general support and advice to the Ghana WASH delegate on all program related financial issues from the budgeting to the final evaluation.
Work closely with the Nairobi finance technical team in order to provide effective financial management support.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate operational services for the economic, efficient and effective management of the International Federation financial resources and promote cooperation with Ghana Red Cross Society.
- Coordinate the compilation of Ghana WASH operation budget and financial plan, under the direction of Ghana WASH Delegate
- Provide quality technical advice to the WASH Delegate in the revision of their budgets.
- Provide guidance in terms of trends analysis to give better estimations for the budgets.
- Monitor the level of implementation of the budgets and provide feedback to the management team.
- Review the finance sections of funding proposals for donors.
- Compile accurate, regular and timely financial and narrative reports for the Federation in coordination with West Coast Cluster Finance.
- Coordinate the financial reporting process ensuring that the reports are prepared and send to the donors before due dates.
Financial and Administrative Management of the office
- Administrate the accommodation, per diem, visas and travel arrangements for IFRC related staff and visitors.
- Advise and provide timely and accurate financial information to management and assist with the interpretation and understanding of the financial information that allows better decisions based on the prevailing situation.
- Coordinate the provision of regular management reports to allow the project manager to review and monitor projects and make effective operational decisions
- Participate in regular meetings with the Ghana Red Cross management team and program coordinators to explain the overall finances.
Financial and Administrative Management of the Operation
- Manage and control the funds and financial assets of IFRC operation at the country level.
- Cash flow and cost control management
- Payments, Cashier, Bank signatory and payroll functions management
- Develop policies to avoid unnecessary risks from either exchange rate fluctuations or physical losses.
- Review cash request analysis and ensure that the office is having enough cash to run its activities.
- Provide consolidate cash forecasts and pursue the forecasting system. Maintain accurate registers of the assets & property of the delegation
- Ensure that accurate office systems are in place & maintained, accounting, authorization & internal control procedures environment & expenditures are within approved limits for each project & that the transactions are performed in compliance with the procedures & policies in respecting the donor conditions.
- Ensure that the income or expenditure reallocation is completed on time.
- Supervise that the expenditures are according to the budgets, analyze, investigate, address & report significant variances.
- Build & maintain knowledge & understanding of the in-country activities
- Monitoring of Key Performance Indicators in order to ensure that there is an adequate financial management of the operation projects at all levels.
- Preparation of ad hoc analysis reports to the management team (e.g. financial implications & budgets for the existing plans, the allocation of shared costs, etc.)
Job Duties & Responsibilities 2
Monitor provision of supplementary services are being done according to the procedures & we are collecting the invoices in due time. If not, escalation to seek for a solution to Safeguard & optimize the use of financial resources through an appropriate internal control environment, with an emphasis on:
Policies & procedures
- Effective budgetary control, oversight of bank & cash portfolio
- Pursue from contractual agreements to the practical implementation of the financial procedures to ensure satisfaction in terms of proper financial control.
- Track, monitor & control financial commitments.
- Coordinate with the regional Finance Unit the development & implementation of adequate policies for the treasury & cash management.
- Monitoring of the items in the balance sheet to ensure all of them are reconciled, properly booked & there are no dormant balances.
- Monitoring of the closing of the month as per the global time table.
- Review & validate staff requests before submitting them for approval to the Head of Abuja Cluster, the Head of Abuja Cluster & WASH delegate
Audit & Risk Management
- Implement corrective actions to manage financial risks.
- Oversee audit processes by preparing, facilitating, & ensuring smooth processes.
- Provide direct input to these reviews & clarify queries at the source.
- Provide feedback on a formal basis for management input to the final documents.
- Follow up on outstanding issues advice the NS on how to improve the financial reporting component of its operations & train the key finance staffs
Contribute to an effective, high-quality IFRC team:
- Ensure alignment with guidelines & policies & provide advice on the use & benefit of international accounting standards & ensure that audit recommendation are implemented.
- Capacity Building
- Be accountable to the WASH delegate by providing regular progress reports on results against objectives and risk analysis as set out by established procedures in Ghana.
- Be flexible in their work definition according to needs and targets and improve efficiencies and effectiveness within available resources.
- Be a pro-active team member fostering a customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation, high performance and cost-effectiveness.
- Foster a co-creative environment with colleagues in the National Society and the Region including actors in the relevant external environment.
University degree Finance and Accountancy
Recognised Professional financial/accountancy qualification (BAC+4)
Relevant Red Cross training curricula
2 years of experience in a project finance management
Five years accountancy and management experience in an organization, company or audit firm
Familiar with at least one accounting and reporting software
Good knowledge of International Accounting Standards
Working experience in a humanitarian environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Languages
Proven bookkeeping and accounting skills, including payroll, payables budgeting & forecasting
Confident and persuasive with the ability to communicate with internal employees and external associates on all levels
Strong master of Excel and other MS Office component
Competencies and Values
Results focus and accountability