Ignitia is recruiting an Office Administrator to work from our office in Accra, Ghana.
We are growing quickly and are looking for an Office Administrator to help keep Ignitia running like clockwork, overseeing the operations and administration for our office in Ghana, as well as helping coordinate some of our growing activities across West Africa.
Job Title: Office Administrator
As the Office Administrator, your main responsibility will be handling the oversight of our office activities and resources in Accra. We are looking for a highly-capable individual who can organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures, including keeping Ignitia’s records, contracts and documents up-to-date, and managing the local administration and HR in the office. At heart you are a people-person and a details-person, ensuring we reach our goals on time and on budget.
This role will play an important part in creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. You will be a natural communicator who is approachable, highly organized, and detail-oriented.
- Supervises the day to day functioning of the office and company properties – coordinating office activities, making office supplies arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our employees.
- Maintain operational documents and policies, updating with pertinent information, as needed.
- Maintain employee holiday, sick-day, and personal records for payroll purposes, assisting with visas, tickets, staff business cards, facilities, etc.
- Understand the organization’s policies, explain them to others and enforce them
- Ensure that employee and organizational files are kept in compliance with applicable legal requirements of the country and that mandatory forms are completed by new hires
- Actively aid in formulating methods to improve policies, processes and practices and recommends changes to management.
- Work closely with the COO to ensure staff are happy, high-producing rockstars and create an environment where the structure and resources are in place to help them succeed
Experience And Personal Skills
- Strong background in Operations and Administration, preferably from high-growth organizations. Must have knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Result focused work approach, with strong time-management and multitasking skills, and a proven history of keeping goals on track
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills the ability to manage setbacks and complications while maintaining a team environment
- Ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment, with the capacity to remain flexible and adapt to change
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated; proven capacity to manage work independently, multitask and be responsive to time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality. Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work diplomatically with diverse constituencies
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite