Posted on :
9 Feb, 2023
9 Feb, 2023
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Job Title: Research Assistant
Candidate must be a recent graduate (not more than 5 years) with potential to groom into a top-notch researcher. Strong preference will be given to applicants who have potential to work for two years.
Successful candidates will collaborate closely with a research team on projects in the field of public economics and energy economics. They would be involved in all stages of the research process and are expected to work independently within the scope of their responsibilities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, finance, computer science or any other quantitively-oriented field from a Ghanaian University.
• Strong analytical, organizational, writing and communications skills: Successful candidates would be offered some training, but must be ready to self-motivate.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborating on research design, conducting data analysis and interpreting results
• Helping create various survey and polling instruments such as question forms
• Drafting and editing reports, manuscripts and presentations.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Opportunities to jointly publish academic papers and policy pieces. You would be named as co-author on pieces jointly developed together; this gives you skin in the game and recognition.
• Networking opportunities to meet some of the leading minds in public economics and energy, especially focussed on Africa
• Opportunities to attend seminars in economics and public finance.
• Access to leading international publishers and databases to find information.
• Possibility of supporting successful candidates to enter a graduate school further down the line (if they are so inclined).
How To Apply For The Job
Send your CV plus cover letter and writing sample of up between 2000 and to3000 words to:
RA@imanighana.org The cover letter must describe the following:
• Your interest in this position
• The start and end dates during which you would be available to fill this position
• Your familiarity with data analysis and programming (e.g., Microsoft Excel, STATA, EViews, Matlab, ArcGIS, etc.)
• Your prior experience as a research assistant and/or with independent research projects (e.g., a thesis or other research project)
• Names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of 2-3 references (letters not required)
• All relevant undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial is fine)
• An original research paper (if available)
Kindly quote “Project RA Application” in the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted for interview.
Closing Date: 28 February, 2023