Impact Malaria (IM) is US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), global service delivery project to reduce malaria mortality and morbidity, and efficiently and effectively move countries forward along the malaria elimination spectrum. The project, set to be implemented in Ghana, will contribute to the country’s National Malaria Control Strategic Plan 2014-2020 and beyond.
Job Title: Surveillance, Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
We are currently seeking dynamic individuals to join the team on the implementation of malaria service delivery activities in Ghana.
The project will operate over a five-year period.
The Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation (SME) Officer will report directly to the Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, working closely with Team Leads, IM project staff, donors, Ministry of Health (MOH), Ghana Health Services (GHS), National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP), other relevant stakeholders and development partners, to support high quality project monitoring and evaluation activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with project teams to implement monitoring strategies and action plans to ensure continued monitoring of project achievements against targets
- Support teams to implement appropriate systems and tools to conduct monitoring activities
- Conduct scheduled follow up visits to conduct process monitoring
- In collaboration with program staff and counterparts, support implementation of SME strategies and framework
Data quality improvement
- Implement data quality improvement protocols, systems and tools as required by the project.
- Strengthen data management and information use for project partners and counterparts (e.g. NMCP, GHS)
- Support the implementation of data management systems for each project with clear tools, processes and roles and responsibilities
- Maintain and update Impact Malaria’s data in JADE and other relevant databases
- Maintained good records of all tools, documents, reports and IRB protocols
Routine analysis, reporting and dissemination
- Verify data before reported in any communication or publication is technically sound and accurate
- Support project report writing for pre-specified audiences
Evaluation, Research and Publication
- Support the implementation of project evaluations and research activities
- Ensure adherence to IRB and ethics guidance in all evaluation and research
- Participate in analysis of data (e.g. routine data, evaluation results or research) for reporting and publication
Coordination and collaboration
- Participate in regular SME meetings with project teams and headquarter teams to review progress against indicators and to create joint plans for monitoring, data collection, reporting and research
- Represent the program in professional circles as designated and maintain excellent relationships with IM staff, donor, NMCP, MOH/GHS and partners
Required Skills or Experience
- Masters or other advanced qualification in public health, epidemiology, statistics, or related social science
- At least 4 years’ experience of applied skills in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities
- Previous experience in assessment and support to strategic information/HMIS
- Previous experience providing SME expertise on donor-funded programs is advantageous
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience to identify, evaluate and document best practices
- Strong writing, analytical, communication, computer (Word And Excel) and organization skills and use of management tools
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple objectives and deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Willingness to travel frequently within country and regionally
- Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
How to Apply
Qualified persons are required to send cover letter, resume, references, and salary history to [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: September 7, 2018. Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.