Impact Malaria (IM) is US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), global service delivery project to reduce malaria mortality and morbidity, and efficiently and effectively move countries forward along the malaria elimination spectrum. The project, set to be implemented in Ghana, will contribute to the country’s National Malaria Control Strategic Plan 2014-2020 and beyond.
The project will operate over a five-year period.
Job Title: Regional Technical Officers
We are currently seeking two (2) dynamic individuals to join the team on the implementation of malaria service delivery activities in Ghana as Regional Technical Officers. One of the positions will be based in Accra and one in Kumasi
Summary Scope of Work
The Regional Technical Officer (RTO) will provide programmatic and technical guidance to the implementation team in the project. The successful candidate will supervise a team of multi-disciplinary professionals providing technical assistance and support to IM-supported project facilities.
- The RTO will assist with individual and site work planning and harmonize with strategic plan as it relates to Ministry of Health (MOH), Ghana Health Service (GHS) and the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP).
- The RTO will foster a productive working relationship between NMCP and partner organizations including local professional associations while maintaining an excellent working relationship with counterparts at regional and district levels, implementing partners, and local institutions.
- The RTO will also oversee quality of care interventions at project-supported health facilities, monitor and maintain technical quality of activities in all aspects of the project’s deliverables.
- The RTO will work with Surveillance, Monitoring and Evaluation (SME) staff to implement existing SME plans that will feed data into the national comprehensive HMIS grid and DHIS2 and help document programmatic results, achievements, success stories and challenges in a timely manner, as required by the project.
Required Skills or Experience
- A medical doctor or any other closely related health care professional, specialization in malaria and other health related courses (e.g. MPH, MPA or other relevant degree) will be highly desirable
- Minimum of 4-5 years working experience in the areas of malaria management including malaria in pregnancy care and treatment with previous working experience on USAID or CDC funded projects will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Clinical experience in malaria management, including malaria in pregnancy care and treatment is highly desirable
- Familiarity with the MOH, GHS structures and functions especially as it relates to NMCP is highly desirable
- Experience in managing and supervising technical/facility staff
- Ability to multi-task and proven knowledge and skills in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word processing, Excel and PowerPoint) is mandatory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and fluency in English language
- Ability to speak a local language in the respective project state will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Qualified persons are required to send cover letter, resume, references, and salary history to: [email protected]
- Deadline for the submission of applications: September 21, 2018. Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.