Impact Malaria (IM) is US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), global service delivery project to reduce malaria mortality and morbidity, and efficiently and effectively move countries forward along the malaria elimination spectrum. The project, set to be implemented in Ghana, will contribute to the country’s National Malaria Control Strategic Plan 2014-2020 and beyond.
Job Title: Program Officer
We are currently seeking dynamic individuals to join the team on the implementation of malaria service delivery activities in Ghana.
The project will operate over a five-year period.
The Program Officer will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party, working closely with the Ghana Health Service, respective health teams, other stakeholders and partners to implement activities and build capacity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and Implementation
- Lead development of annual work plans that advance the project’s overall strategy, meet key deliverables to achieve project objectives and adequately define work that is achievable within the given timeframe and budget.
- Support the detailed implementation plan and schedule for Impact Malaria (IM) project activities and field travels
- Review and update plans as needed and communicate changes
- Support in developing budget for trainings and workshops and submit for activity advances
- Proactively identify and document risks that can negatively affect the project’s ability to achieve deliverables and develop strategies to mitigate risk.
- Administer activity related funds as per policy and reconcile with finance team after activities
- Co-facilitate project schedule cost performance reviews, and recommend adjustments to ensure deliverables are met within the given timeframe and budget.
Coordination, Networking and Representation
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances with ministries, donors, implementing partners and other key stakeholders to advance project strategy.
- Coordinate planned activities with relevant stakeholders, partners, leadership and staff and ensure support and collaboration
- Represent Impact Malaria and the project in meetings, workshops and events, as necessary
- Develop and monitor detailed implementation plans and budget
- In collaboration with the Finance Manager, review milestones and invoices for reimbursement
- Document the process by which sub-grantees are selected for awards and the implementation status of activities
- Coordinate individual coaching, mentoring and supervisory visits to designated institutions for financial and technical needed
Record Keeping and Reporting
- Document issues affecting achievement of deliverables and work with program staff to resolve issues.
- Ensure adequate and organized record keeping of all project activities including plans, implementation progress, workshops, supervision visits and training
- Share records with relevant stakeholders and team members, as needed
- Monitor performance against results framework
- Collate and provide data with MER team for entry into PMP and JADE
- Work with team to identify and document success stories and case studies and share to relevant audiences
- Write and submit timely reports as required including key issues, achievements, successes, challenges and lessons learned.
- Ensure timely and adequate communication between the IM team and all projects and departments office in Accra and headquarters.
- Work closely with staff in Communications and External Relations team in Accra and home office to develop accurate, creative story ideas for a variety of media.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the office knowledge management plan
- Document literature reviews and contribute to program discussions
- Review and edit technical materials produced by IM staff and partner organizations ensuring accuracy of content and language, and ensuring editorial consistency and standards
- Represent Impact Malaria Ghana in various knowledge management for a both internal and external to the organization.
Required Skills or Experience
- 5 years’ experience as a project manager ensuring project deliverables are met on time, on budget, and of high quality
- Advanced degree in public health or management
- Experience using program management tools (GANTT charts, stakeholder matrix, work breakdown structure, issues logs, project charters, etc.)
- PMDPro Certification(s) preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, detailed-oriented and high degree of accuracy
- Ability to foster a productive team environment
- Ability to lead team with diverse but complementary skill set to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple objectives and deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Willingness to travel frequently within country
How to Apply
Qualified persons are required to send cover letter, resume, references, and salary history to [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: September 7, 2018. Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.