Anchored in Ghana and Tanzania, BlackIvy is a values-driven company that builds and grows commercial enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa. We develop logistics and infrastructure solutions for emerging economies and businesses that serve the needs of the growing consumer class.
IndigoHomes, a subsidiary Company of BlackIvy, is a real estate developer that is building homes with a singular focus on building an innovative, secure, landscaped community — IndigoHomes is committed to building homes that new home buyers will love. We are currently building quality, moderately-priced homes in a gated park community in Ayi Mensah where residents enjoy the tranquility of picturesque surroundings without sacrificing the accessibility of the city. Learn more about our Company at www.indigohomes.com.
Job Title: Property Manager
The Building & Property Manager will manage the homeowner experience immediately prior to and following the handover of homes on the property. The Building & Property Manager will manage the property in accordance with the Bylaws, Sublease, Sales and Purchase Agreement and other rules and policies. The Manager supervises all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including accounting, owner and resident relations, maintenance and repair, security, waste removal services, landscaping, etc. In addition to assisting in the preparation of the annual budget, reporting and financial performance of the property, the Manager will supervise homeowner relations, request and needs to ensure residents love where they live.
- Minimum 5 years working experience, including at least three years of facilities and property management experience
- First Degree & Second Degrees or Diploma Certificates in construction or building related study from an accredited University
- Exceptional customer-facing skills, including a firm and engaging attitude, with ability to listen deeply and understand homeowner and resident needs.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications and other technical operations systems for generating and collecting rents, service charge etc
- Demonstrated commitment to BlackIvy’s core values: Imagination, Trust, Relentlessness, Courage, Humility and Transparency.
Managing homeowner “Move-in” experience
- Develop and document processes and materials for homeowner move-in as well as maintain records customer move-in following handover of each homeowner from the Sales team;
- Execute an efficient and customer-friendly move-in process for owners and residents;
- Develop a process for recording and addressing customer complaints, concerns and feed-back. Liaise with the Construction team to address complaints and concerns in a timely and efficient manner and with minimum disruption to the customer’s enjoyment of the property.
- Design, develop and implement a transparent web-based customer feedback mechanism to measure and track customer complaints and concerns to inform future choices of materials and design for subsequent residential developments.
Managing the Property
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the property in an excellent, customer-friendly, efficient manner, including handling residence communications, supervising maintenance and service personnel, negotiating service and vendor contracts for services on the property;
- Prepare annual operational budgets, administer deferred maintenance funds for capital replacements on an annual, three-year and five-year plan;
- Address customer complaints and concerns; enforce rules and policies of occupancy and inspect public areas and vacant homes to ensure security and compliance with rules;
- Administer timely billing, communications and collection service charges for the property, including collecting payments that are in arrears and instituting actions as appropriate;
- Develop and enforce safety protocols for the property, including the development and implementation of security action plans, systems and directives; security personnel on shift plans and continuous training of maintenance and security personnel in Occupation and Health and Safety standards;
- Liaise, pursuant to rental agreements, between tenants and property owners regarding units leased by owners for rent, including tenant screenings on behalf of client.
- Liaise with Marketing & Sales Team to coordinate marketing activities and events to help our owners and residents love where they live;
- Contract with service personnel to: provide security service, installing and maintaining security devices, establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures, and responding to emergencies; provide timely services and maintenance for cleaners, landscapers, building maintenance team; and provide regular waste removal and water service;
- Liaise effectively with Construction team to coordinate and address completion of repairs; and,
- Develop and coordinate a regularly property inspection schedule for quarterly inspections for the first year of the turnover of a home, and then annual structural inspections for three years.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation Time