Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering, and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluates, and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve opportunities for the world’s poor.
Job Title: Implementation Associate – Education
Job Code: IA-STARS-14032018
IPA Ghana seeks an Implementation Associate who will be responsible for the coordination of implementation aspects of the Strengthening Teacher Accountabilities to Reach All Students (STARS) study. The study’s interventions will be implemented in collaboration with government and other partners. The role involves supporting the coordination of the intervention development process, plus significant supervision of implementation activities and policy engagements with the current partners, results dissemination, scale-up efforts and the promotion of IPA’s brand and visibility in the education sector.
This position will be based in Accra, Greater Accra Region, and will involve some travel to various regions of Ghana.
The Implementation Associate will report to the Senior Policy and Implementation Manager in the Accra Office. He/she will have a diverse set of responsibilities in the following areas:
- Plan and organize the development and implementation of the STARS project, in partnership with government and other partners
- Manage relationships between IPA, project partners, and other external stakeholders
- Coordinate the development of training and other materials that meet the requirements of the research design
- Establish M&E systems and/or methods for gathering feedback from field activities
- Compile periodic reports to capture information on the implementation of education projects
- Liaise with implementing partners to monitor and track progress, and make adjustments as necessary, to ensure the successful implementation of the STARS project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, following protocols, and at the required level of quality
- Manage donor reporting for relevant project grants
Employment period: 1 year, with the possibility of extension/renewal based on performance and need
Proposed start date: immediately
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in Education, Humanities, Social Science or relevant discipline; Bachelor holders may be considered based on experience;
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the education sector in Ghana;
- Ability to develop educational materials, along with strong training and facilitations skills;
- Experience with project management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with senior officials in government and other partner organizations;
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion;
- Strong interest in learning and ability to grasps new concepts quickly;
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Proficiency with Publisher and Photoshop or other graphics editors is desirable;
- Understanding of research and RCTs is a plus.