Posted on :
10 Sep, 2021
10 Sep, 2021
The Institute of Accountancy Training (IAT), under the Ministry of Finance was established in 1970 to provide in-service training in Public Administration, Public Sector Accounting and Public Sector Financial Management for the Ministry’s as well as the civil and the public services’ staffs.
The Institute, currently undergoing restructuring needs to strengthen its administrative structure to help implement the reforms. Applications are therefore invited from qualified officers for the following vacancy:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
• The successful candidate will head the Procurement Unit and ensure that all procurement activities of the Institute are done with strict adherence to the Public Procurement Law and set standards. He/she will report to the Head of Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the preparation of Annual Procurement Plans and other reports
• Scrutinise tendering arrangements and other means of obtaining competitive prices to comply with the National, Procurement, Contract and Financial procedures/rules
• Lead Procurement and Supply-Chain work team in market surveys to identify sources of supply and encourage open and constructive discussions on contract/contractor performance
• Promote and encourage the use of environmentally friendly products whenever possible and agree with the specification of consumables to be used by contractors when engaged by the Institute
• Analyse and recommend inputs for the formulation of Procurement and supply chain policies, reforms, budget preparation, internal controls and plans of the Institute
• Ensure proper store management and assts disposal in accordance with laid down procedures and regulations
• Ensure the updating of all records (soft and hard copy) of all contracts.
• Ensure the enforcement of penalty clauses in contracts against defaulting service providers
• Ensure the inventories in the Institute are managed and controlled in the most cost-effective manner
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must possess a Master’s Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain/Logistics or in relevant field. Additional qualification in (minimum postgraduate certificate) in Governance Contract law is desirable
• Must be a Chartered Member in one of the under listed professional institutions or a recognised equivalent institution: Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) – MCIPS Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) – CMILT Institute for Supply management (ISM) – CPSM National Contract Management Association (NCMA) – CPCM
• A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification relevant work experience, three (3) years of which must be in a senior management position in a reputable institution
• Must have completed statutory National Service
• Must pass a competitive selection interview
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Public Procurement Act, 2003, (Acts 663), Financial Administration Act, 2003 (Act, 654, Financial Administration Regulations LI 1802 of 2004, Internal Audit Agency Act, 2003 (658), Alternative Dispute Resolution Act 2010, (Act 798) and other related legal frameworks
• Knowledge of Civil Service Act 327 (1993) and rules and regulations
• Quantitative and analytical skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in relevant IT applications
• Report writing and presentation skills
• Problem solving and dispute resolution skills
• Procurement and contract management skills
• Understanding of Health and Safety (COSHH) regulations
• Knowledge in Material handling and Logistics procedures and guidelines
• Knowledge of GOG Appropriation Bill Methodology
How To Apply
Applications and CVs together with relevant supporting documents should be forwarded to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 16 September 2021
not later than two weeks after this publication stating the job title applying for in the subject area.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.