Posted on :
10 Sep, 2021
10 Sep, 2021
The Institute of Accountancy Training (IAT), under the Ministry of Finance was established in 1970 to provide in-service training in Public Administration, Public Sector Accounting and Public Sector Financial Management for the Ministry’s as well as the civil and the public services’ staffs.
The Institute, currently undergoing restructuring needs to strengthen its administrative structure to help implement the reforms. Applications are therefore invited from qualified officers for the following vacancy:
Job Title: IT/IM Officer
• The successful applicant will be responsible for providing technical and operational leadership for the design and implementation of IT/IM plans and programmes in the Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Initiate and oversee research on all IT themes
• Coordinate the design and development of procedures, standards and guidelines to support the implementation of IT systems within the Institute
• Recommend technical specifications for the requisitioning, procurement and the development of the equipment, software resources and other IT systems for the Institute
• Coordinate the development and implementation of the capacity development plans in the area of IT in the Institute
• Lead the design, development and deployment of specified IT projects for the Institute
• Coordinate the design and implementation of security measures to protect the IT installation, infrastructure and systems of the Institute.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must possess a Master’s Degree in IT/IM or in the relevant specified subject area(s) or field(s) plus eight (8) years relevant experience in the public service or reputable organization
• Must have completed statutory National Service
• Must pass a competitive selection interview
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to develop corporate IT strategy
• Ability to perform risk impact assessment of IT infrastructure
• Policy formulation and analysis skills
• Monitoring and evaluation skills
• Ability to write talking points/ briefing notes
• Facilitation skills
• Strategic HRM
• Decision making and problem-solving ability
How To Apply
Applications and CVs together with relevant supporting documents should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 16 September 2021
not later than two weeks after this publication stating the job title applying for in the subject area.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.