Posted on :
4 Jul, 2018
4 Jul, 2018
The Institute of Local Government Studies (ILGS) is mandated to build the managerial and administrative capacities of staff and members of Regional Coordinating Councils (RCCs), Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs), as well as other persons or bodies interested in governance and leadership. It currently offers a suite of relevant postgraduate and undergraduate academic programmes of approved content and standard. The institute is motivated to pursue its mandate with a business development and entrepreneurial orientation.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment as Director of the Institute.
Job Title: Director
The Director is:
• The principal administrative, academic head and chief executive of the Institute and is accountable to the ILGS Council;
• The chief disciplinary officer of the Institute and exercises general authority over the academic and administrative staff of the Institute as provided in the ILGS Act and Statures;
• Responsible for setting and implementing the agenda of the Institute’s strategic direction as approved by the ILGS Council, initiating the direction of the academic and research activities and protection of the integrity of the Institute;
• Responsible for providing overall coordination of policy and programs implementation across the Institute’s Campuses;
• Responsible for the management of the budget and resources of the Institute within the approved estimates and advise the Council on matters affecting effective delivery of policies, finance, governance and administration of the Institute;
• Responsible for marketing the institute nationally and internationally by promoting collaboration with national and international partners and ensures smooth stakeholder engagements;
• Responsible for providing the council with returns, statutory reports including annual report and other relevant information that the Council may require and;
• Required to perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Councilor Minister for the time being responsibility for local government.
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate must
• Hold a PhD degree in Public Administration, Local Government Administration or in any other relevant discipline from a reputable University.
• Be a member of a recognized professional body.
• Have at least minimum of 15 years relevant working experience, five years of which must have been in senior management position in a similar institute
• Must not be more than so years at the time of the application.
• Have wide experience and knowledge in tertiary education administration and management.
Competencies and Skills
• Good leadership, mentoring and team player
• Good knowledge in local governance and public administration .
• Analytical, networking and negotiation skills
• Strategy formulation, planning, coordinating, monitoring and management skills
• Computer literacy
• Good human relations, communication and presentation skills
• Creativity and innovation
• Quantitative and qualitative research skills
• Self-management and self-motivation capacities
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit application letters indicating how his/her qualification(s) and experience match the requirement of the position together with the following: • Curriculum Vitae with full contact information of two (2) referees; • Two page vision statement; • Photocopies of relevant certificates and other relevant supporting documents; • At least two samples of publications and application form may be downloaded from the Institute’s website at www.ilgs-edu.orgAddressed to: The Registrar Institute of Local Government Studies P. O. Box LG 549, Legon-Accra Delivery may be by courier or personal delivery. Electronic (soft copy) version should be forwarded to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 24 July, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.