Posted on :
29 Sep, 2016
29 Sep, 2016
Our client, a leading manufacturer and supplier of pharmaceutical and medical products in Ghana and listed on the Ghana Alternative Market (GAX) of the Ghana Stock Exchange, seeks to recruit a qualified and competent person to fill the Managing Director (MD) position.
Job Title: Managing Director
The Managing Director is responsible for directing the activities of the Company to meet strategic objectives, achieve profitability targets, design and execute the company’s strategic goals, motivate staff for high productivity, manage resources for the sustainability of the company and maximise returns to shareholders.
Key duties and main responsibilities will include the following:
• Lead in the design and execution of the Company’s strategy and direction with clear milestones and measures of success
• Lead the company’s Executive team in delivery and implementation of strategic objectives
• Avail and manage the company’s resources both financial and physical, to drive the execution of business objectives
• Direct the activities, processes and productivity of the company to meet performance goals and objectives
• Grow and sustain strategic partnerships and alliances with stakeholders in the industry such as government, shareholders, suppliers and customers
• Develop and implement a performance driven organizational culture that motivates staff
• Establish regular business performance monitoring and reporting with remedial actions where necessary
• Lead in the development of new products and innovative ideas for business growth
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
• A Master’s qualification in business management will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in an industrial, pharmaceutical or engineering organization, 5 of which should be in a senior leadership role
• Proven and Demonstrated Leadership skills
• Evidence of previous involvement in strategic planning, development and implementation
• Experience in managing government relations
• Aged between 40 and 50
The desired core competencies include the following areas:
• Strategy formulation and execution
• Excellent communication skills oral and written
• Very strong interpersonal skills
• High standards of integrity, with a clean track record .
• Ability to influence
• Strong Business acumen
• Good organizational and planning skills
• Highly organised with ability to multitask
• Assertive, proactive and diligent with commitment to high standards of service delivery
• Creative and innovative, with a forward thinking approach
• Ability to prioritize, organise own workload and manage projects to completion
• Ability to work well under pressure and with tight time constraints
• Knowledge of the country relevant legislation
How to Apply
If your qualifications and experience match any of these roles, please email your application quoting the job title to
Intellisys at the following email address: [email protected]
Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, current position/ occupation and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum of 2 pages) summarising why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position.
Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications should be sent via email.
Please clearly state the position in the subject line of your email.
For any questions regarding the application process please contact Executive Selection, Intellisys on +233 (0)302 671235 / +233 (0)302 670826 Closing Date: 07 October, 2016