Posted on :
11 Sep, 2013
11 Sep, 2013
Manager Internal Audit will:
• Participate in the development of the Africa audit plan including regional Capital Projects. The audit plan must be developed using risk-based planning methodologies. The plan should also support the global objectives of the Internal Audit team, taking into account resource constraints and resource skills.
• Provide leadership direction to the development and operations of the Global Internal Audit infrastructure, resources and projects.
• Participates as a key member of the global internal audit management team to maintain an effective audit presence.
• In alignment with the Internal Audit Charter and Manual, lead and manage Africa Internal Audit team in global and site specific risk-based operational audits designed to identify and capture corporate value and complete annual required Sarbanes-Oxley testing.
• Prepare reports and participate in the presentation of plans and finding to various management levels concerning the internal audit plan. Take necessary action to assure individuals outside the department understand audit plans and activities.
• Provide leadership for the execution, monitoring and reporting of the assigned audit plan.
• Develop subordinates for future management roles in the company by identifying training needs.
As site supervisor, duties and responsibilities include:
• Provide field audit supervision.
• Establish a central interface during the audit for the client.
• Develop audit planning documentation addressing scope, audit objectives, budgeted hours, fieldwork and reporting dates, audit personnel and assignment of work. Prior to commitment of work, documentation is provided for the review and approval of the IA Director and/or Vice President IA.
• Coordinate travel and field arrangements for audit staff and management as required.
• Responsible for completion of assigned audits and addressing all audit objectives, conducting client and status meetings as required, control, monitor and report on audit progress, review workpapers, ensuring workpapers provide adequate support of conclusions, while complying with Internal Audit standards for documentation.
• Responsible for development of draft audit reports, including management comments. Present reports to the IA Director and/or Vice President Internal Audit for review prior to being issued.
• Prepare reports and make presentations to various management levels concerning the site/regional internal audit program. Take necessary action to assure individuals outside the department understand audit plans and activities.
• Establish effective business relationships within the organization and maintain knowledge of assigned sites.
• Develop responses to business process changes.
• Oversee audit planning and execution of:
1) Financial and statistical audits of various African departments, divisions and locations within the organization.
2) Audits of various departments for compliance with established plans, policies, procedures and applicable regulations.
3) Audits of operational processes and related consultation with management in order to make processes more effective through redesign/re-engineering.
4) Documentation, assessment and testing of internal controls surrounding financial reporting in order to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
5) Participate in fraud investigations when required.
• Partner with management to identify constructive and value-added solutions to address issues identified.
• Performs or assists in the performance of special assignments requested by management.
• Responsible for communication with external auditors when necessary and appropriate for the site or project.
Position may be required to travel to and assist other domestic and international sites.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Qualification Required & Experience
• B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance or Administration. CPA and 8+ years of public accounting or auditing experience. Big 4 accounting experience preferred. Fluent in English. Internal Audit certification (CIA, CFE, etc.) preferred. TeamMate experience a plus.
• Requires a high level of technical skills in mining, internal control and auditing techniques and a general understanding of many different functions.
• Managerial and people skills are required for the unique personal and organizational interaction with the audit process and role.
• Important competencies include the abilities to: Build effective working relationships, plan and organize, impact and influence, lead through vision and values, empowerment, coaching and developing others and effective communication.
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should please send your CV and cover letter to the site HR office
The HR Manager
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited
PMB Airport Post Office
Closing Date: 18 September, 2013
• This is the preferred mode of application.
• This position is Job #131531
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.