International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Office and Finance Coordinator
Department/Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports To: PELA Research Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Local Office and Finance Coordinator to support USAID’s Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adapting Activity (PELA) in Accra, Ghana. Candidates interested in peacebuilding and monitoring and evaluation activities in the West Africa region are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note this is an entry-level position and is open to Ghanaian Nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Carry out finance functions of PELA including monthly funds request, monthly expense reporting, payroll.
- Manage the office filing system, both physical and electronic files.
- Update and maintain documents and other paperwork for the PELA project.
- Coordinate PELA events in Ghana and Francophone West Africa.
- Organize travel and booking accommodations and reservations for regional travel for the PELA team and/or consultants as needed.
- Maintain office and supply inventories.
- Maintain office equipment, ensuring all equipment is in proper working order at all times.
- Perform general office clerk duties and errands.
- Greet clients and office visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Participate in the procurement process, ensuring adherence to both local and home office process and procedures.
- Serve as the HR point of contact for the PELA office.
- Create, maintain and enter information into databases, including research software databases.
- Partner with the PELA Research Director to collect, review, synthesize, analyze and summarize literature and data on countering violent extremism (CVE) and peacebuilding for research tasks and/or other technical products.
- Organize and schedule interviews and focus group discussions.
- Conduct interviews, both in-person and virtually with and without the participation of the PELA Research Director.
- Provide transcription and coding services as needed.
- Partner with the PELA Research Director to create and develop research presentations and workshop materials.
- Ensure conferences and workshops in the West African region are well-organized, planned and executed.
- Maintain relevant programmatic and data collection files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in payroll processes strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience in Quickbooks highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years previous finance and/or office administrative experience required.
- Ability and willingness to work with a virtual team required.
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Full proficiency with Google Suite.
- Basic French skills required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Business Administration or related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.