Posted on :
26 Mar, 2020
26 Mar, 2020
Established in 2002, the International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is the leading organisation promoting child protection in cocoa-growing communities. ICI works with the cocoa industry, civil society and national governments in cocoa-producing countries to ensure a better future for children and contribute to the elimination of child labour. ICI has developed a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) that allows industry partners to manage responsibly the risk of child labour in their cocoa supply chain. In line with the Ghana Child Labor Monitoring System (GCLMS), the system is based on the presence of Community Facilitators (CF) within cocoa-growing communities who raise awareness on the issue of child labour; identify cases and implement remediation activities.
International Cocoa Initiative (ICI), Terms of Reference, Finance and Administrative Assistant, Ghana
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
The International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) (www.cocoainitiative.org) seeks a FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to support its operations in the Accra Office in Ghana.
CONTRACT DURATION: FIXED TERM
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fleet management and office security and safety
• Manage the fleet management software to track the movements and behaviours of drivers and the vehicles on the road to ensure they are in line with our security guidelines
• Ensure vehicle logbooks are maintained in all the vehicles and that they are properly filled by the drivers and do a monthly analysis of vehicle usage and fuel consumption for reasonability of usage and fuel consumption
• Work with the drivers to ensure that vehicle maintenance, insurance, and road worthy certificates are timely done, and that all incidence are timely reported
• Report any incidence of health and security concern on the office premises eg, access to the building, theft, fire risk, pollution etc. to the Country Director/Adm. Officer for immediate remediation
Coordinate the global security policy implementation and be the security focal point
Facility management including office consumables
• Ensure maintenance and repairs works on the office building are promptly detected and corrected
• Keep a generator logbook and ensure the office generator is regularly serviced in line with the terms of the tenancy agreement
• Keep records of all office consumables and ensure the right usage and timely replenishment
Procurement-soliciting for invoices and raising of purchase orders
• Soliciting for pro-forma invoices or quotations from potential suppliers in line with the ICI procurement policy and office and projects budget
• Raising of purchase order with all supporting documents attached for relevant approvals
Banking/ Statutory Services
• Prompt deposit of cash, particularly arising from liquidations of cash disbursed and submit the pay in slip to the finance officer for filing
• When necessary withdraw cash from the bank for petty cash expenses on the instructions of the Senior Finance Officer
• Maintain good relations with government offices such as the Ghana Revenue Authority, the Registrar General’s Department, Data Protection Authority for the submission of forms for the payment of withholding taxes, PAYE etc., and the renewal and filing of all statutory documents.
• Will be required to perform any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisors
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of actors;
• Excellent organizational and planning skills;
• Excellent command of the Microsoft Office software products, Word, Excel and Outlook.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicant must have:
• either a higher diploma or a degree in business or a relevant discipline and
• at least 2-3 years relevant working experience and demonstrate the willingness and ability to learn within a short period of time.
The position is based in in the ICI’s Ghana office in Accra.
LANGUAGES: Fluency in written and spoken English.
How To Apply
Please send your CV AND A COVER LETTER. Please put “FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT” in the email subject line to: [email protected]
NB: • ?ICI has zero-tolerance for all forms of child neglect, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, and psychological) and exploitation (sexual and commercial). • ICI commits to put the best interest of the child first, and at the centre of its work, irrespective of a child’s ability, ethnicity, faith, gender, sexuality and culture. • ICI recognizes its responsibility to ensure and to promote a safe and secure environment for children. To effectively manage risks to children, ICI requires the commitment, support and cooperation of all staff, associates, partners, suppliers, service-providers and visitors. By applying at ICI, you automatically agree to the above term and uphold the principles described herein