A company is any entity that engages in business.
All corporations are companies, but not all companies are corporations. Company is a much broader term than corporation, and it encompasses a lot of different types of businesses. These are a few of the key differences between a company and a corporation.
Companies can be structured in different ways. For example, your company can be a sole proprietorship, a partnership, or a corporation. Depending on which different type of company you’re dealing with, it may be owned by one person or a group of people. Liability in most types of company is assumed by the owners, and can either be limited or unlimited depending on the type.
An international company with a subsidiary in Ghana has a vacancy for a
Job Title: Project Manager.
This position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer who enjoys the challenge and responsibilities of coordinating construction projects from beginning to end. The right candidate must be a self-starter and able to make sound decisions. The selected candidate in this role will supervise external resources who carry out the construction work while delivering on financial and operating objectives. The Project Coordinator will drive quality and safety expectations and ensure that those standards are always met per the requirements pertaining to the area as well as international standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee construction of facilities for residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
- Make decisions in the field and coordinate with internal and/or external service providers and support departments and external agencies to ensure that work is performed as planned, permitted and scheduled.
- Inspect Construction (safety, compliance, quality etc. etc.).
- Review and approve work orders, progress reports, field changes, invoices, as-built records and bid contracts to ensure compliance to company standards and policies.
- Appraise engineering, new business, regional and other applicable stakeholders on project progress.
- Monitor project specific budget and/or cost per unit variances and identifies exceptions/variances.
- Respond to emergency situations in a specific region during and after office hours.
- Analyze costs and benefits for specific construction projects and evaluates alternatives to ensure cost effectiveness of construction projects.
- Evaluate and recommend field design changes to keep construction projects on schedule and at or below budget.
- Interpret contracts to effectively leverage and negotiate the application of contractual items with external service providers.
- Maintain customer satisfaction through timely and thorough communication with, municipalities and other governmental agencies at pre-construction meetings and throughout the project.
- Influence external contractors who represent the company by shadowing corporate values.
- Create and/or implement improved processes and techniques to enhance operating environments.
- Perform constructability reviews to assist engineers in project design.
- Monitor and report construction progress to ensure projects meet or do not exceed budget and schedule goals.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- PMP certification will be an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years’ Civil Engineering work experience and least three years’ Project Management experience.
- At least three (3) years of supervisory or leadership experience – can be experience managing contract crew, managing a team, managing projects, or other similar supervisory/leadership experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Microsoft Office suite and Outlook
- Proficient use of Microsoft Project will be an added advantage
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Walking construction sites regularly
- Driving for long hours
- Potential for occasional overnight travel
- On-call as needed
How to Apply
Send your applications to [email protected] by the 29th of March, 2017.
Note that only qualified candidates should apply.
Due to the anticipated large volumes of applications that will be received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.