International Finance Corporation s Sub-Saharan Africa Region is seeking to recruit a Senior Investment Officer to actively participate in and lead multi-disciplinary teams of financial, industry, environmental and other specialists, committed to increasing IFC s agribusiness investments in Ghana and five other countries in the West African sub-region (Benin, Burkina Faso, Guinea, Niger & Togo). The position will report to the Country Manager and will work closely with the Africa business development team and Agribusiness Industry department. The job holder will be based in Accra, Ghana. The job will involve a significant amount of travel in the sub-region.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Proactively identify business opportunities and appraise, structure and negotiate investment proposals in the agribusiness sub-sectors;
- Demonstrate or quickly acquire a thorough understanding of the assigned countries, provide market intelligence and knowledge and develop strong business networks;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, banks and development partners and government officials to facilitate investments, assisting with strategy formulation, and maintain collaborative working relationships;
- Participate in and lead project teams on several projects simultaneously;
- Monitor portfolio and provide assistance to the Agribusiness Industry Department;
- Advise on corporate restructuring, privatization and capital market development;
- Actively market and utilize IFC s advisory services offering – PEP Africa and other donor funded facilities;
- Collaborate with the World Bank to promote World Bank Group private sector development activities in agribusiness;
- Mentor and help develop less experienced Investment Officers and Analysts.
- MBA or equivalent qualification;
- At least 10 years experience in project or corporate finance, including promotion and processing of investments with good knowledge, networks and credibility within the investment community;
- Knowledge of the agribusiness sector and emerging markets experience are highly desirable;
- Strong financial and credit skills, especially experience in structuring and negotiating complex financial instruments;
- Experience with or interest to develop practical knowledge of IFC s non-financial products, including IFC s Advisory Services strategy for agribusiness;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral, including the ability to convey ideas and positions clearly; Fluency in French is highly desirable as a selection criteria and in carrying out functions.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, design and implement projects and to close transactions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and develop relationships;
- Strong sense of service to clients, openness to feedback and to new ideas;
- Ability to work in teams, deliver high quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives;
- Motivated and enthusiastic about the opportunities and challenges of working in Sub Saharan Africa to achieve sustainable development.
- Willingness to travel internationally
This job expires on the 15th of Feb, 2011
Click here to apply online