IJM is seeking a talented IS Specialist to join a multi-disciplinary team in the fight against forced labour trafficking of children in Ghana. The primary role of the IS Specialist is to help maintain operational workstations, networks, security and other computer related equipment which includes, troubleshooting hardware and software problems, maintenance and generally keeping the office equipment functioning This position is based in Accra, Ghana and reports to the Director of Administration with a dotted line to the Regional Global Technology Solutions Engineer for Africa.
Job Title: Information Systems Specialist
- Maintain client workstations and any related equipment to IJM’s standards
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues including, but not limited to: Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems; Microsoft Office 2013 (Office 365 – including Microsoft OneDrive); basic LAN/WAN and ISP connectivity; workstation and laptop hardware components and peripherals; printing/fax issues; and office power issues.
- Monitor Helpdesk and manage cases for the local office with proper escalation to the Regional Engineer or HQ Global Support Team when appropriate.
- Perform software updates on all computers and IT equipment including firewalls and servers
- Troubleshoot software and hardware problems on client workstations.
- Ensure backup of all critical data and the ability to retrieve data when necessary.
- Monitor compliance with IJM’s IS Security policies and protocols
- Monitor and help train staff on compliance on GTS global policies, standards and protocols
- Provide local leadership for technology changes rolled out to the office in collaboration with the Regional Engineer and HQ Project team through designing and delivering trainings and adapting communication to the local context.
- Train staff on IT policies, security, software and other computer applications regularly.
- Facilitate purchase of IT assets and manage IT supplies, including toners, batteries, monitors, etc.;
- Provide technical support on audio/video interview related activities;
- Provide technical software support for finance departments software;
- Provide technical support to projects/activities that involve use of specialized IT equipment or software/application.
- Provide administrative support during joint activities with partners as may be necessary – IT support and\or logistics support;
- Perform other related duties as required and necessary.
- Manage relationships with and payments to local IT vendors
- Maintain and contribute to GTS documentation through the helpdesk
- Maintain and track all Ghana IS assets and keep an updated inventory
- Administers Office Access Control
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
- Participate in IJM programs in professionalism and Christian spiritual formation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information technology or Computer Science;
- Proficiency in LAN/WAN troubleshooting with a client centered approach to quickly and winsomely resolve client-related issues.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Self-motivated, articulate and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Office 2013 and above, Office 365), Windows 7, Windows 10
- Knowledge and experience with basic network troubleshooting
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Organized, meticulous attention to detail.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Attention to detail and disciplined with priorities.
- Personable and mature judgment.
- Professional presentation in demeanor, written and oral communication.
- Works well under stress and sustained positive attitude in a distributed team environment.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Strong ethic of service and a passion for IJM’s goals.