Posted on :
18 Jun, 2021
18 Jun, 2021
International Justice Mission (IJM) is an international human rights organization working to protect some of the most vulnerable and oppressed people from violent forces of injustice by securing rescue and restoration for victims and ensuring public justice systems work for the poor.
IJM Ghana partners with Ghanaian law enforcement officials to identify and rescue children who have been enslaved in Ghana’s fishing industry on Lake Volta. We create customized care plans for each survivor, and we work with aftercare providers to ensure the rescued children have a safe place to grow in freedom.
The Tamale office of the International Justice Mission in Ghana is currently seeking applications for a National Service Personnel. The incumbent will work closely with the Advocacy and Casework teams and report to the Tamale Field Office Director.
Job Title: Field Office Director
• Provide general administrative support to the Tamale Casework team.
• Accompany the Aftercare team on assigned field visits to observe and provide general assistance.
• Liaise with the advocacy office in Accra to implement IJM Ghana advocacy goals in the Northern sector of Ghana (facilitating engagements, partnership mapping and community engagement).
• Manage and provide support for the casework tracking management system.
• Execute special projects as assigned by the Tamale Field Office Director.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelors’ degree in Law, Social Science, Political Science or any other related disciplines.
• Organized and able to work well under pressure.
• Excellent critical thinking, oral and written communication skills.
• Fluent in English. The ability to speak Ada, Ewe, Twi, Fante and any other local Ghanaian languages would be a plus.
• Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Organized, with attention to detail and disciplined with priorities.
• Personable and mature judgment.
• Professional presentation in demeanor, written and oral communication.
This position may require travel to and from Greater Accra, Volta, Eastern, Oti, Bono East, Brong Ahafo, Savannah and Northern Regions.
How To Apply For The Job
Send Cover Letter, Resume & Statement of Faith* by email to:
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement should include a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
Closing Date: 09 July, 2021