Posted on :
6 Sep, 2021
6 Sep, 2021
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a fast growing international organization working to protect some of the most vulnerable and oppressed people from violent forces of injustice by securing rescue and restoration for victims and ensuring public justice systems work for the poor. IJM is seeking a Coordinator, Communications & Media who will act as a local champion for IJM’s brand, maintaining global brand and storytelling standards that will help IJM become a leader in innovative, ethical storytelling worldwide. This talented leader will increase IJM Ghana’s visibility globally by providing compelling stories and content in coordination with the Regional Communications Team to support global activation and advancement (fundraising, advocacy & mobilization) teams. The position will increase IJM Ghana’s visibility nationally by engaging the members of the media and by taking full advantage of social media channels to increase the online brand awareness of IJM – positioning the organization as a Thought Leader on child trafficking. This position reports to the Director of Advocacy & Partnerships.
Job Title: Media and Communications Coordinator
• Assist in the crafting of content and strategic executions using the existing social media platforms.
• Manage IJM’s Social Media Account and ensure that IJM’s Facebook and Instagram Page, fact sheets and other resources reflect accurate content about the public justice system transformation work in Ghana.
• Develop and implement strategies to drive traffic onto IJM’s social media pages.
• Document and report on the outcomes of the media engagement for program analysis and monitoring and evaluation on a consistent basis (every after engagement with monthly consolidation).
• Identifying communications and media strategies to strengthen the overall impact of the program.
• Advise Director of Justice Projects on effective use of media and communications to bolster success of team projects.
• Develop and manage relationships with members of mainstream media and media in field presence areas.
• Write and disseminate regular press releases, briefings and editorials to the local media to increase IJM’s visibility.
• Pitch story ideas to producers of TV, Radio and online segments that can create a ripple effect to stop child trafficking
• Work with IJM staff members to provide communications support during press conferences and events.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in media, communications, marketing journalism, broadcasting or related field (Master’s preferred).
• At least 2-3 years’ professional experience in story writing, internal messaging development and editing desirable;
• Experience with Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) or similar program.
• Fluency in English and at least one local language, with excellent writing and speaking in both.
• Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook.
• Photography and videography skills will be an advantage;
• Good grasp of digital media – news site, websites, blogs, FB, Instagram and Twitter;
• Experience in the Ghanaian media landscape with key contacts will be an advantage;
• Exceptional follow-through and accountability for results;
• Disciplined with priorities, excellent time management and ability to work effectively under deadline pressures;
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as under supervision and as part of a team;
• Excellent interpersonal skills in a cross-cultural environment;
• Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication;
• Passionate commitment to and understanding of IJM’s mission, vision and values.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
• Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Disciplined with priorities;
• Patient and able to work well under stress;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, personable, with a heart for service and sustained positive attitude;
• Punctual; manages time and resources effectively;
• Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment;
• Effective team player and leader; and
• Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
How To Apply For The Job
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith By E-mail :
What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
Closing Date: 26 September, 2021