Posted on :
28 Jun, 2018
28 Jun, 2018
To combat Child Slavery on Lake Volta in partnership with the public Justice system of Ghana by protecting the children from slavery, rescuing victims, bringing the criminals to justice, restoring survivors to safety and strength, and helping local law enforcement build a safe future that lasts.
International Justice Mission (IJM) Ghana is working to eliminate Child Slavery in Ghana and specifically on Lake Volta by bringing rescue and restoration to individual victims, accountability to their perpetrators, and transformation to the public justice system as a whole. The Human Resource team focuses on recruitment of, management of, and providing direction for the people who work at IJM, Ghana to enable employees to contribute effectively and productively to the overall organization direction and the accomplishment of IJM’s mission.
The Human Resource Specialist supports the Field Office in achieving the Field Office Objectives in the HR department.
This position is based in Accra, Ghana and reports to the Field Office Director .
Job Title: Human Resource Specialist
Training and Development
• Assist with the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance improvement plans (PIPs) and leadership development programs.
• Assist with the establishment of an in-house employee training system that addresses the training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, leadership development, the measurement of training impact.
• Assist managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
Provide necessary sensitization and training to managers and employees including Spiritual formation, and the employee handbook.
• Maintain employee training records including staff care, onboarding among others.
• Participate in IJM programs in professionalism and Christian spiritual formation.
• Manage the recruitment process for employees, volunteers, and interns using hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
• Conduct the recruiting planning meetings when needed staff is identified.
• Review the resumes for all job candidates and interview candidates for employment.
• Serve on employee selection committees or meetings.
• Partner with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
• Recommend employee relations and practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
• Participate in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
• Advise managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of IJM. Counsel Managers on employment issues.
• Assist with the implementation of company safety and health programs. Track and post OSHA-required data and files reports.
• Assist with the monitoring of the organization wage and salary structure within IJM including raises.
• Provide competitive market research and prepare pay studies to help establish pay practices that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
• Partner with accounting and payroll to maintain an accurate and updated payroll database.
• Provide day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues.
• Develop and schedule benefits orientations and other benefits training.
• Administer Group Personal Accident and Group Life claims.
• Recommend changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
• Comply with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements. Maintain minimal exposure to lawsuits.
• Protect the interests of both employees and IJM in accordance with IJM Human Resources policies and government laws and regulations.
• Support the process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
• Assist with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as staff meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings among others.
• Help to monitor the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of IJM’s mission and promote employee satisfaction.
This position requires limited travel around Accra during working hours or directed by supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources.
• 3-5 years of progressively more responsible work in HR preferably in I/NGO or related field.
• Excellent communicator with fluency in English and another local language, organizational and customer service skills along with a high level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Driver’s license and experience driving manual vehicles preferred.
• The successful candidate should have strong attention to detail, be able to multi-task successfully, handle stressful situations in a professional manner, and consistently present a positive image to internal and external customers.
How to Apply
Send Resume, Cover Letter & Statement of Faith.
By E-mail (preferred method):
International Justice Mission Attn: Human Resources PMB505 Cantonments Accra
What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
Closing Date: 21 July, 2018