Posted on :
19 Jul, 2016
19 Jul, 2016
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a fast growing international organization working to protect some of the most vulnerable and oppressed people from violent forces of injustice by securing rescue and restoration for victims and ensuring public justice systems work for the poor.
IJM is seeking a talented social worker to serve as the Aftercare Casework Manager to develop and manage IJM Ghana’s aftercare services for child survivors of forced labor trafficking and their primary caregivers. This position is based in Accra, Ghana and reports to the Director of Aftercare, IJM Ghana.
Job Title: Aftercare Casework Manager
Crisis Care and Case Management Services
• Provide immediate crisis care, advocacy and assessments for children coming out of forced labor trafficking situations and ensure all victims receive legally mandated government protections.
• Assist IJM multidisciplinary teams and law enforcement officers in conducting child-sensitive interviews with victims and witnesses regarding forced labor trafficking that can be utilized in ongoing investigations, legal proceedings, and aftercare assessments
• Engage, prepare and support victims and witnesses throughout judicial proceedings in partnership with multidisciplinary teams of advocates and care providers.
• Facilitate placement of child survivors into government approved shelter facilities for immediate protection and care.
• Complete comprehensive needs assessments, including family and community assessments, toward the safe reunification of a survivor to his or her family and home community.
• Develop and implement treatment plans reflecting objectives and services needed to attain sustained restoration of the child survivor, based on assessed needs of the child and his or her primary caregivers and in accordance with IJM Minimum Standards of Care.
• Facilitate reunification service referrals through a network of partner providers.
• Develop and implement strategies for the provision of direct assistance to survivors and their families in cases where aftercare stakeholders are unable or unwilling to address critical needs.
• Thoroughly document and monitor service provision and progress of participants within IJM’s internal electronic database (CTMS).
Program and Partner Development
• In collaboration with the Director of Aftercare, develop and implement a model for provision of reunification services for child survivors of forced labor trafficking and their primary caregivers in accordance with DSW standards.
• Develop a network of collaborative partnerships within key program areas that are equipped to serve the holistic needs of IJM aftercare participants, including service providers in the areas of health, education, income generation, protective services, mental health, basic needs (i.e. food, housing) and other relevant needs.
• Assist the Director of Aftercare in assessing the gaps in comprehensive survivor aftercare service availability and implementing solutions to address these gaps.
• Identify training and resource needs for aftercare partners and facilitate provision of critical trainings and resources within resource constraints and office priorities.
• Provide strategic input to quarterly Field Office reports for submission to IJM global leadership teams.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in mental health field; social work degree preferred.
• Minimum two years of relevant experience in provision of case management services, implementing psychosocial assessments and interventions.
• Experience working with survivors of trauma and ability to provide service interventions in a trauma-informed manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, especially with children and their caregivers, the indigent and otherwise vulnerable individuals.
• Experience in building collaborative partnerships with other social service providers.
• Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English; fluency in Ewe and Twi preferred.
• Driver’s License preferred.
• Strong result-orientation.
• Passionate commitment to IJM’s mission and values.
• Mature Christian faith.
• Strongly committed to child protection principles against unlawful child labor.
• Attention to detail, organized and disciplined with priorities.
• Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication.
• Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude.
• Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
• Intelligent, creative and proactive problem solver.
• Strong value of teamwork and collaboration, particularly within a multidisciplinary framework.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should click the link below to apply:
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 17 August, 2016