International Justice Mission (IJM) is an international organization working to protect the those who are in poverty and vulnerable, by partnering with the government to rescue and restore victims of violence, and to arrest and prosecute perpetrators of violence.
IJM is seeking a talented Justice Sector Manager to lead all national efforts in investigations, law enforcement development, and representation of victims of trafficking whilst seeking accountability for perpetrators of trafficking crimes.
This position is based in Accra, Ghana with occasional travel to various regions in the country, and reports to the Director, Justice Projects, IJM Ghana.
Job Title: Justice Sector Manager
- This position will lead a team of high performing criminal justice professionals to support the Ghana government to rescue children from trafficking and to charge traffickers in criminal court. The team includes lawyers, investigators, and clerks;
- This position will be charged with developing relationships with key judicial and law enforcement officials within the Ghanaian government;
- This position will develop and implement strategies to locate trafficked persons and their abusers and devise litigation stragegies to ensure proper prosecutions;
- This position will organize and lead trafficking specific training and capicity building efforts within Ghanaian Law Enforcement Agencies, the office of the Attorney General and the Judicial Training Institute;
- This position will ensure the safety, physical, and spiritual health of the team; and
- This position will lead a performance based culture predicated on teamwork, integrity, trust, and dedication to the mission.
Skills and Experience
- Preferred experience working in or around law enforcement;
- Three (3) years’ experience managing/leading a team;
- Seven (7) years’ experience practicing law;
- Strong critical thinking, legal analysis and oral and written advocacy skills;
- Experience in training;
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications;
- Strong cross-cultural abilities to work in an international environment; and
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Posture of servant leadership;
- Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Disciplined with priorities;
- Patient and able to work well under stress;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, personable, with a heart for service and sustained positive attitude;
- Punctual; manages time and resources effectively;
- Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment;
- Effective team player and leader; and
- Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
How To Apply
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & Statement of Faith* by E-mail to: [email protected]
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.