Provide comprehensive financial accounting support services to the Water Enabler Compact of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) program led by IWMI, following financial and procurement procedures of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and other procedures in place at IWMI.
Job Title: Accountant
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting of all procurement expenditure and other financial disbursements pertaining to the Water Enabler Compact of TAAT, implemented by IWMI for the rice, wheat, sorghum/millet, maize and orange-fleshed sweet potato value chains.
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting matters, including invoice processing, vendor payment, processing and administering of payments by cheque, fund transfers, online payments to consultants, suppliers, and national and international partners through local and international banks as approved by the IWMI Coordinator.
- Responsible for budget tracking of all activities under the Water Enabler Compact led by IWMI.
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial reports for the Water Enabler Compact implemented by IWMI.
- Work with the Finance Office at IWMI headquarters to ensure project reports are compliant with project financial requirements.
- Act, as directed by the IWMI TAAT Water Enabler Compact Coordinator, as the point of contact with the TAAT Clearing House and the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) on accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Work with Finance Office to ensure effective controls are in place at all times, and accounting practices comply with relevant accounting and audit standards, and procedures and regulations of IWMI and AfDB.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the IWMI TAAT Water Enabler Compact Coordinator and/or the Head of Finance at IWMI.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A University degree in accounting, with part qualification of a professional accountancy body certification.
- At least 5 years of post-qualification work experience in an accounting capacity.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English with a good working knowledge of French.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and accounting software packages.
This is a nationally recruited staff position and only Ghanaian citizens are encouraged to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes transport and health insurance. The duration of the contract will initially be for a three-year period with possible extension