Provide day-to-day communications support to the Water Enabler Compact of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) program led by the International Water Management Institute (IWMI).
Job Title: Communications Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a communication and uptake plan for activities undertaken under the Water Enabler Compact of TAAT for rice, wheat, sorghum/millet, maize and orange-fleshed sweet potato value chains.
- Work with the Water Enabler Compact team to develop appropriate impact pathways, and provide advice for implementing communication activities for different value chains in target countries.
- Develop communication materials to explain and facilitate the scaling out of water management technologies promoted under the Water Enabler Compact of TAAT.
- Support the identification of key media outlets and partners and facilitate their engagement in disseminating news and communication materials about the water management technologies scaled out through the Water Enabler Compact of TAAT.
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports, brochures and other knowledge sharing products.
- Develop, edit and distribute regular newsletters, blogs and other social media content to targeted audiences in Regional Member Countries (RMCs) of the African Development Bank (AfDB).
- Liaise with the communications and knowledge management teams at AfDB, IWMI and the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) to provide information and communication materials (flyers, brochures, newsletters, etc.) as needed.
- Support the organization, facilitation and documentation of internal and external meetings and workshops organized by the Water Enabler Compact.
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
- A Master’s degree in communications, journalism, social science or a related field.
- At least 3 years work experience in the design and implementation of communications and knowledge management activities in an agricultural development organization.
- Experience in writing communications materials on scientific and development issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English with good working knowledge of French.
- A demonstrated ability to use various communication channels, social media and collaborative tools to communicate Water Enabler Compact activities, outputs and outcomes to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical mind and ability to listen carefully, synthesize and communicate persuasively.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multi-cultural environment.
This is a nationally recruited staff position and only citizens of Ghana are encouraged to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes transport and health insurance. The duration of the contract will initially be for a three-year period with possible extension