The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the Programme Unit. The position will be based at the Ghana Country Office, Accra. The Internship will be for an initial period of 3 months starting as soon as possible.
The selected candidate will be assisting the Programme Unit with the following key duties:
- Assist in drafting nutrition-related concept notes, proposals and report;
- Follow up on nutrition-related reports from Sub-Office for timely usage of nutrition information for decision making and submission of routine reports to Regional Bureau;
- Assist in reviewing nutrition reports and literature including cooperating partner reports;
- Assist in the development and review of the content for information, education and communication (IEC) and Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) for the prevention of stunting;
- Participate in nutrition-related meeting, workshops etc.;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 12 months in Nutrition, Public Health, Public Health Nutrition or related field;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Possess strong initiative and self-motivation with a strong commitment to teamwork;
- Ability to perform literature researches
Terms and Conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$700 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.