Posted on :
30 Nov, 2017
30 Nov, 2017
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
Job Title: Internship
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aiming to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. The programme provides selected students, enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate or post-graduate degree programme or recent graduates with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO. This will enable them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandate and programmes. At the same time, the Programme provides FAO with the assistance of qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The intern will report to an assigned supervisor.
The intern will be assigned to different fields of work according to his/her profile and to the needs of the Organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
The intern will perform the functions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR) prepared by the hiring office before the beginning of the assignment and agreed by the intern.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
· Enrolled in an under-graduate, graduate degree programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO data base) educational institution at the time of application, or recent graduates. Applicants pursuing their studies in a country where higher education is not divided into under-graduate and graduate stages must have completed at least three years of full-time studies towards the completion of a degree. Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
· Working knowledge of at least one FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO official language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
· Be nationals of FAO Member Nations
· Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
· Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, have good communication skills and be knowledgeable in the use of basic computer programmes.
· Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not be eligible for the Internship Programme.
· Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
FAO Core Competencies
· Results Focus
· Building Effective Relationships
· Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant academic experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
Candidates may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
· All applications will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be directly contacted for interviews by the hiring office..
· FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
· Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
· Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
· For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
How To Apply
Click on Apply Now to submit your application. If you have not yet registered, please follow the instructions to register, complete your account and submit your application.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
Before applying, please ensure that you have completed all sections of your account. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.