The Health and Sports Program Manager will develop, lead, monitor and evaluate the assigned health and sports programs. This involves effectively managing and reporting on the projects in line with the objectives, timeframe, and budget with a focus on Health and Sports system strengthening, training and coordination. Other important aspects of the role include managing and training health care staff to meet quality standards in health care delivery, encouraging beneficiary participation, liaising with other stakeholders, anticipating, planning, and contributing to the health and its subprograms, i.e Health Program, WASH and Sports program. The position holder will be responsible for financial accountability, external stakeholder engagement, and giving support to program officers working in the Health&Sport unit. The job holder will be responsible to manage and oversee three (3) subprograms that fall under the Health and Sports program, i.e. Health Program, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Program and Sports Program.
Job Title: Program Manager,Health & Sports
Health Program Responsibilities;
- Manage the assigned Health&Sports program in order to meet the program objectives within budget and the allotted time frame and report promptly any operational concerns (e.g. projected failure to meet objectives; increased beneficiary needs; projected over or underspending on program budget)
- Contribute to the development of an effective strategy including proactive planning.
- Continuously monitor and supervise health activities, evaluate progress.
- Develop new proposals, linked to the assessed needs and gaps.
- Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between program staff to ensure all staff members are aware of current work plans and to provide the opportunity for feedback
- Manage the program budget for the projects and ensure all expenses are according to budget.
- Support the logistics activities of Health&Sport Staff
Water, Sanitation&Hygiene Program Responsibilities;
- Develop a program plan, ensure its smooth implementation, and manage the team’s performance of project tasks and activities that may include, but not limited to:
- Construction or rehabilitation of water networks, wells or boreholes.
- Implement latrines or other sanitation facilities
- Promote Hygiene and education
- Truck water in the community and provide emergency water supply
- Carry out assessments and post-implementation monitoring
- Develop and ensure the use of appropriate techniques and materials for hygiene promotion and training.
- Manage the Program budget through passing of timely orders, the preparation of monthly forecasts and the monitoring of expenditure
- Track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues, and inform the hierarchy accordingly
- Ensure that all data and information is updated, well organized and easily accessible
- Analyse and report on evolving community needs and provide clear recommendations for interventions
Sports Program Responsibilities
- Oversee operations of all sports program
- Maintain communication with participants and all stakeholders.
- Conduct assessment and evaluation of sports program performance and implement program changes and enhancements as needed.
- Provide leadership and vision in the improvement and development of existing and new innovative sports and recreation program development to better meet the needs of members in the community
- Develop effective facility scheduling and equipment to best serve members of all ages; establish policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure quality member experience
- Plan the annual program budget; manage and implement the approved budget and take appropriate action to correct variances.
- Represent and promote the organization and the sports program in the community as needed and develop positive working relationships with other organizations, business and governmental entities
- Complete additional duties as assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s Degree in Project Management/Development studies/ Health/Sports or any other relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5years experience in a Managerial role with a track record of executed projects
- Skilled in partnering with relevant instutions&authorities, both international and local NGO’s to enhance the mission and vision of the organization
- Ability to develop tangible and insightful programs
- Strong project management and financial analysis skills
- Ability to structure complex tasks and translate targets into a work plan
- Track record of building strong stakeholder relationships
How to Apply
E-mail cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Deadline: 29 March, 2019