The position requires a highly experienced person to plan, develop and execute social and development intervention programs and activities that are tourism related with the aim of contributing to community development. You will comprehensively plan and implement programs through effective use of strategic planning, leadership skills, industry knowledge and relationships, and evolving industry practices.
Job Title: Business Manager
Job Location: Greater Accra / Eastern Region
Employment Type: Fixed Term (1-year Contract)
Report To: CEO
Business Manager Responsibilities
- Design and implement social and tourism development programs by working closely with all stakeholders to ensure community development and promote the attainment of goals.
- Promote the community as a tourist destination by strategically developing and implementing tourist and renaissance programs.
- Develop strategies and engage the media to build campaigns and relevant stories for unique awareness creation of events such as; Bliss on the Hills, Expo 2025 etc.
- Identify and create new jobs for community members to promote community and personal development
- Oversee all phases of events, i.e. Bliss on the Hills, Expo 2025 etc, by planning, developing, budgeting, executing and conducting post event evaluation.
- Responsible and accountable for delivering all aspects of planned programs within the approved financial scope, ensuring that overall objectives, deliverables and timelines are met and exceed expectations.
- Cultivate and maintain effective external relationships with essential vendors and partners.
- Give timely feedback to management to enhance decision making.
Required Skills or Experience
- Skilled in project management and events management.
- Excellent organizational skills
- A team player with leadership skills
- Must have 4 years’ experience in any management role in the tourism and events industry.
- A Master’s degree/Bachelor’s degree in Tourism, Hospitality Management, Public Relations, Marketing or any related field is preferred.
- A certification in tourism and event planning is a plus.
How to Apply
- Kindly indicate the area for which you are applying in the subject line of your cover letter and mail
- E-mail resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Deadline: 1st February, 2019