The Choice for Shea and IOI Loders Croklaan
Shea grows in West-Africa only and IOI Loders Croklaan, with offices in Ghana and Burkina Faso, is active in eight countries in West-Africa.
IOI Loders Croklaan, part of the Malaysian IOI Group, is a global producer of oils, fats and nutritional ingredients. The core business is currently focused on palm oil, palm- and Shea-based fractions for applications in the food industry worldwide.
Manufacturing facilities are based in the Netherlands, United States, Canada and Malaysia and sales offices are located worldwide.
Job Title: Boiler Operator- Tema
Summary of Position
Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the boiler to provide the required quantity and quality of steam for smooth and continuous running of the plant.
- Ensure the control and operation of steam boiler
- Monitoring and ensuring all operation parameters are within range during plant operation
- Maintaining boiler daily records and ensuring overall safety of the boiler by checking safety devices regularly
- Monitoring/operation of boiler water treatment unit and ensuring feed water is always within accepted limits
- Monitoring and receiving of boiler fuel
- Performs simple boiler water analysis
- Maintain housekeeping standard to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- Strictly follow and ensure plant safety regulation during operation
- Monitor closely the performance of all safety controls and report quickly on any malfunctioning.
- Liaise with maintenance team during boiler maintenance
- Performs any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain contacts with all departments especially maintenance and production team on matters concerning the smooth running of the boiler and operation of the plant
Responsibility for Company Asset
- Has responsibility to ensure all equipment are kept clean and properly operated according to SOP to avoid damage.
- HND Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in oil and fat industry
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze burner related problems
- Understanding of boiler operations
- Understand equipment functionality in relation to operation and production of steam
- Understand and able to perform simple maintenance works on equipment- Lubrication, replacement of seals and gaskets
- High level integrity and dependable
- Self-driven result oriented
- Can do attitude and persistent
- Openness and willing to learn