The Choice for Shea and IOI Loders Croklaan
Shea grows in West-Africa only and IOI Loders Croklaan, with offices in Ghana and Burkina Faso, is active in eight countries in West-Africa.
IOI Loders Croklaan, part of the Malaysian IOI Group, is a global producer of oils, fats and nutritional ingredients. The core business is currently focused on palm oil, palm- and Shea-based fractions for applications in the food industry worldwide.
Manufacturing facilities are based in the Netherlands, United States, Canada and Malaysia and sales offices are located worldwide.
Job Title: Shift Supervisor – Tema
Summary of Position
Manage shift and all direct staff to ensure effective and efficient running of the production process. To ensure all products are produced to specification and quantity whiles adhering strictly to safety procedures and plant SOP’s.
- Directly lead the shift in terms of management of staff, management of production and quality targets, and to ensure the effective running of the process
- Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance and general issues
- Ensure all direct staff adhered strictly to plant safety regulations
- Maintain housekeeping standard to ensure a clean and safe workplace and environment.
- Manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff.
- Monitor closely the performance of all equipment and report quickly on any equipment malfunctioning.
- Laisse with maintenance team during plant maintenance.
- Responsible for shift throughput, yield and quality
- Ensure all equipment are kept clean
- Initiate job work orders and lead LOTO procedures in the plant.
- Directly supervises and manage shift team
- Planning, assigning and directing shift team
- Addressing complains and resolving problems
- Appraising performance of team members
- Motivating as well as disciplining team
- Performs any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain contacts with all departments especially maintenance team on matters concerning the smooth running and maintenance of the plant.
Responsibility for Company Asset
- Has responsibility to ensure all equipment are kept cleaned and properly operated according to SOP to avoid damage.
- BSc/HND Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in oil and fat industry
- Ability to trouble shoot and analyse production problems
- Have in depth understanding of plant operations
- Understand equipment functionality in relation to operation and production
- High level integrity
- Self-driven result oriented
- Can do attitude and persistent
- Ability to communicate, motivate and drive team to complete task
- Time Management : Uses time effectively and efficiently